New app: AutoTorque

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Daniel D, Feb 11, 2015.

1. MikeW

MikeW Member

You're welcome. Glad to be able to help a bit and give something back to the community.

2. James Watkins

James Watkins New Member

I've fiddled around with Tasker and Torque as well. Currently I'm using Torque's log file as well. Once every 20 minutes (I don't run it often to save my phone's CPU and battery) while I'm driving Tasker runs a shell command that allows Busybox to read just the last line off the Torque log .csv file. Tasker takes that last line and splits it into separate variables that I format appropriately (Fuel remaining, MPG, miles driven, etc...). It was pretty difficult figuring out how to get Tasker to read the log file so I'm all for an actual plugin.

Torque also allows various intents as well. I've only used the quit Torque intent to close the app when I turn my car off. Hope this website helps at all: https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/PluginDocumentation

3. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Anyway you could share your profile with us?

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

@MikeW thanks again for this. After all this time I am finally going to mess with this this weekend. Do you have anything for navigation?

Ideally, I want the car to tell me every X amount of miles how much gas I have if I go under a certain threshold. Also, if I travel over 80MPH, tell me how fast I am going. I also want it to ask me if I need directions anywhere and give them to me accordingly if I say yes.

5. MikeW

MikeW Member

My Digital Dash system does have some navigation functions, but nothing like what you're proposing to do.

Currently, the functions I have are:
    1) A pop-up menu with pre-programmed destinations. If I pull it up and choose one, it automatically begins navigation to that address.
    2) I'm using AutoNotification to scrape the the ETA information from the Google Maps notification so that I can re-display it on my main screen.
    3) I have a Flic button as part of the system and if I long-press it while Maps is showing, it sends the appropriate AutoInput commands to either start or stop voice guidance.

That being said, what you want to do should be possible.

Torque has some mileage sensors that you could monitor (such as trip distance, or distance traveled since the ECU codes were last cleared) and you could use that in conjunction with the distance to empty data to get the repeating notification to get gas.

You can monitor GPS speed with Tasker and have a profile that triggers over a certain set point. (There are also some apps that will give you a speed alarm, but I don't know if any of them will actually give you an voice readout of your speed.)

You could have a startup sequence that runs when you connect to the car that asks you if you need directions. You could catch your response with AutoVoice and if you say "yes", it could just open the Google app where you could say "Navigate to...".

Sounds like some interesting ideas. Good luck!

6. stratotak

stratotak New Member

I just signed up for site as I was googling Taker and Tourqe Pro.From reading post I should be able to use my OBD ll bluetooth scanner to read its log and do what I want.Which is when I start car to bring Tablet out off sleep mode and then when I shut car off have it wait/delay for about 10-15,so it doesnt go to sleep everytime I step out of car like to get gas , minutes and then go into sleep mode.Eventually like to add voice command so I can get Tasher to launch programs by voice.
    "Yes HAL.Launch ****"

2001 space Odessy reference.Be cool for it Tasker to respond with some audio clips from HAL in the movie.
    Affirmative, Dave. I read you
    I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

7. James Watkins

James Watkins New Member

Whoops, sorry for the late response. Here's my task that I used to integrate Tasker into torque: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0cvjf22pp3c39r/Read_Torque_Data.tsk.xml?dl=0 It worked great on my Note 3 but I upgraded to a Note 7 (then was forced to swap that for a 7 Edge), and from there I was never able to get Busybox to read the log once again. I hope someone else can figure that part out!

8. Snoman002

Snoman002 New Member

Another supporter of Torque here. I cannot describe any specific use case but I can see the potential.

9. NikAsim

NikAsim New Member

+1 for torque app integration

10. Thinkfire

Thinkfire New Member

+1 for torque app!

So much more could be done integrating phone with car features and trigger events. Auto recording mileage, fuel alerts, auto ETA sending if turned on after 5PM (when I get out of work) to the wife, reminders if started after 5PM (if you have stuff in a grocery list or task list for that evening) can be announced when you fire up the car. etc etc etc HUGE POTENTIAL

11. Hcaserty

Hcaserty New Member

Potential ?

12. lareya

lareya New Member

Bump for auto torque!

13. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I guess this never eventuated? I am looking at using intents to torque from tasker to determine if the headlights are on... Would have been great to have a plugin to make things easy, but might need to look into using intents and torque/tasker.

14. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Nope, never did sorry!