AutoNotification Auto reply whatsapp group

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by André Barros, Jul 16, 2017.

1. André Barros

André Barros New Member

Hi, I created a bot that send reports to my coworkers through whatsapp when they send password to it.

But to guarantee that I'll always receive a notification with just the message, I use auto reply to answer "wrong password" to anything that is not the real password.

But to use the bot in groups is impossible to keep a conversation with the bot replying "wrong password" to everything. I turned off the reply to anything when the message is from a group and tried to work with the complete list os messages at the notification using "%antextsbig()", and I were successful in get the password in the middle of the text using regex and saving it in a varible to test.

So, after this step I though that auto reply and just user an IF with ~R comparing the antextsbig() to the regex and it world work, but it's not.

Any idea of how I could reply just some specific messages in whatsapp groups or to make this comparison work?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Why is your solution not working exactly?

3. André Barros

André Barros New Member

I don't know for sure. I can save de text in a variable and because of that I know that the profile ia recognizing the password. But when I use it in an IF to activate the auto reply it just do nothing. Nothing is send as response to the notification.

4. joaomgcd

Then the problem seems to be in the If and not AutoNotification?

5. André Barros

André Barros New Member

When I said IF, I was talking abou the IF clause of AutoNotification Reply

6. André Barros

André Barros New Member

Trying to simplify the problem. If I send a sequence os messages to a group, and set a variable as %antextbig(), this is what I'm getting:

Testando robo,15:06,00:00,Andre:BarrosMesa: oi,Andre:BarrosMesa: teste,Andre:BarrosMesa: PASSWORD,Andre:BarrosMesa: okokoko,Andre:BarrosMesa: gagasg,Andre:BarrosMesa: aetaetaet,…,Resp.,6 novas mensagens

I tried simple regex like .*(PASSWORD).* or more complex like [.|\n|\W|\w]*(?=Password)[.|\n|\W|\w]*

But no matter what I use as rule at the IF clause or as an IF outside the AutoNotification Reply, neither work with ~R antextsbig()

7. joaomgcd

Can you create a test task where you set %testing to
    Code (Text):
    Testando robo,15:06,00:00,Andre:BarrosMesa: oi,Andre:BarrosMesa: teste,Andre:BarrosMesa: PASSWORD,Andre:BarrosMesa: okokoko,Andre:BarrosMesa: gagasg,Andre:BarrosMesa: aetaetaet,…,Resp.,6 novas mensagens
    and then test the If manually there with that test variable?

8. gabrielt

gabrielt New Member

I'm with the same problem...
    I can't intercept the whatsapp notifications since whatsapp updated to 2.16.4xx.
    After that, if there are 2 (or more) whatsapp notifications, the AutoNotifications just read the first one (and not the last how it supposed to be)

Anybody know how to make AutoNotifications just intercept the last Whatsapp message?

9. joaomgcd

Use an AutoNotification Query and that'll return all the notifications ordered by date :)

10. Ben Sale

Ben Sale New Member

I'm having similar issues with the app. I have been trying to use the variable %anticker to update my own variable and then split it with Tasker so I can play different alerts for different contacts. However, %anticker never updates my variable. Using a task created by someone here in this forum I can see that %anticker has the details of the current message but my user variable simply reads %anticker. I have used Notificatgion Listener to do the same thing and that seems to work - at least for a while, then it stops too.
    Not sure if this is related to the problem Pent reported to Google (in his post here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tasker/BnuHALkPna0 )
    Any help much appreciated.