AutoTools Google Sheets query

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by zhenurik, Oct 25, 2017.

1. zhenurik

zhenurik New Member

I'm not sure what group to address this question. So please suggest right one. I want to use Google Sheets as a database and I need to query it to verify some data. Is there a way to do it?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

2. rww1963

rww1963 New Member

I use spreadsheet Tasker plugin. For a similar purpose.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uitcon.spreadsheettaskerplugin

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

3. zhenurik

zhenurik New Member

I checked it but as I understood this plugin is to get specified data from the the GS and I need just to get true or false if that data exists in a Sheet. Correct me if I can do it with that plugin

4. rww1963

rww1963 New Member

The short answer is you can't get a true if false from the plugin. However you can get information from the spreadsheet and generate a true or false using Autotools.

The way I use it, I query the spreadsheet to get a json result. I then use autotools json read and filter the results. Then I flash a yes or no message if the information is there.

5. zhenurik

zhenurik New Member

Can I get JSON data with the row that contain specific data in some of the column? I mean if I send a phone number with the request can get a name of the person associated with this phone number?

6. rww1963

rww1963 New Member

Yes

7. zhenurik

zhenurik New Member

Oh... Ok.. Thanks. Gotta figure that out..