AutoNotification How do I put an icon in a table notification?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by tboooe, Nov 9, 2017.

1. tboooe

tboooe Member

Hi guys, how do I put an icon into the table notification? I am not talking about the status bar or notification icon but rather putting icons into the table itself. I watched the weather and music artist tutorials but I am not sure how to put an icon that is local on my phone into the table. Along the same lines, is it possible to assign an icon to a variable?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Just use the direct file path instead of a URL :) Does that work for you?

3. tboooe

tboooe Member

Thank you. I mis typed the path last night.
    Another question regarding vertical spacing. Even though I have the table properties set to shrink the image, the spacing is as if the image is original size. Is this the expected behavior? I would expect the vertical spacing to take into account the shrunken image size not the original.

Ok I did further testing. I made some very small icons (25x17) but AN table notification enlarges them. If I reduce the size in the settings, I run into the same issue as above. The vertical spacing between rows is as if the image is larger. Why is this?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

Can you please show me a specific example of what's happening? Which images are you using exactly? Thanks!

5. tboooe

tboooe Member

Ok. Here are three screenshots. I am just using some flag icons png files that I shrunk down to a very small size. The first screenshot shows the table without me changing the icon size in table settings. You can see the icons are really blurry because they are enlarged from their actual size. The second screenshot is after I change the icon size setting to 20. Note how the vertical spacing has not changed. The image is also very blurry like the first one. The third screenshot shows the table with no image compared to the one with the image. I did not change the row height settings for any of the screenshots. So it seems the table does not use the actual image I insert. It seems to take the image and resizes it. In my case, the image was enlarged so it became blurry and making the size smaller only shrinks the already blurry image.

Screenshot_20171110-061613.png Screenshot_20171110-072850.png Screenshot_20171110-062416.png

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  6. joaomgcd

Thank you. Unfortunately I think there are technical limitations that stop me from making it fully dynamic but I'll try to work around it thanks!

7. autormali

autormali Member

tboooe likes this.
  8. tboooe

tboooe Member

Whoa...thats cool. Dumb question...how do I use this in an AN table? Is it HTML code?

9. joaomgcd

you simply copy and paste the characters :) Nice idea @szmerek

10. tboooe

tboooe Member

Excuse me for being a bit thick..so for the US flag, I would just enter US in the table notification? Do I need to enter anything before or after US?
    I was able to insert the flag emoji using my keyboard but I would still like to know how to enter just the characters.
    BTW, using the flag emoji corrected the spacing issue! However, the emoji looks like its greyed out. How would I fix that?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. autormali

autormali Member

The simplest way is to copy and paste. If you want to use it in HTML then for example having code U+1F60B simpy chgange it to
    Code (Text):
    &#1F60B;
    In HTML you can style it as a text.
    But if you paste above code stright to AutoNotifiction it will not work. You need use this pattern
    Code (Text):
    😋
    or
    Code (Text):
    &#x1F60B
    - adding letter 'x'.

Actually I don't know why it is working with 'x' in AN - found it here: https://codepen.io/danieldafoe/pen/NNedoL :p

Here full list with codes: http://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  12. tboooe

tboooe Member

Thank you. I'm going to use emojis in variables.

13. tboooe

tboooe Member

BTW, for anyone wanting to do this, please remember you need to add <p></p> between the code so <p>&#x1F60B</p>

autormali likes this.
  14. tboooe

tboooe Member

So thanks to the great tip by szmerek to use emojis in my table here is how it looks now. I even use variables to change emojis. I also use Tasker and the spreadsheet plugin to query a file I created to automatically keep track of various stock markets. I think the table looks pretty good.
    Screenshot_20171117-152822.png

15. joaomgcd

Wow that looks great! :DDo you think I can use that in my Google Play listing? Looks awesome!

16. tboooe

tboooe Member

Wow thank you! It's just a modest table, especially compared to the awesome things you come up with. But feel free to use it in your listing.

17. autormali

autormali Member

@tboooe Looks awesome! Great job!

18. tboooe

tboooe Member

Thank you! It was because of your suggestion to emojis that allowed me to create this table. I think its great that you can use actual emojis as variables too so based on stock market performance I display a different emoji. Very cool! Thank you again.

19. autormali

autormali Member

@tboooe Would you mind to share your project here?

: table, icon