AutoCast AutoSpeak on Google Home stopped working

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Lon B Perry, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Lon B Perry

Lon B Perry New Member

I am really new to all the Auto Apps and love all that you can do with this APP.
    I have made a couple of Tasks that work great. Here is my problem and also the biggest reason i bought the Auto APPS. I want to have my google home verbally respond to contacts and sensors around the house. I have dug and dug trying to figure this feature out and finally came upon the fact that i could use Auto Cast and use Auto Speak to accomplish this. I built a shake phone task (never got that to work right) but added a autospeak task that when tested could have the google home say what i asked it to do. Thinking that i found out how to communicate with the google home the way that i wanted to i tried using auto speak in another task and it would not work. Going back to the original task (shaking the phone task) and testing the auto speak feature there (where it worked the day before.... only when pushing the play button to test it) it would not work again. I went back to auto cast to see if the device( google home) was no longer on list but yes it was. Bottom line ..... can anyone help me get auto speak feature to work on my google home speaker. It would be nice if some one could point me to a video that explains exactly how to get google home to speak using the autospeak from tasker. I did lots of digging and never found one. Talking to Google Home that type of feature is not available from Google home but is the most requested.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. Lon B Perry

Lon B Perry New Member

Garage Door Open (20)
    A1: AutoCast Speak [ Configuration:Device: Family Room speaker
    Language: eng-USA
    Text: the garage door is open Timeout (Seconds):60 ]

4. Lon B Perry

Lon B Perry New Member

By the way thanks for being so diligent with how you reply to your customers. I have noticed you try to help with all questions.

5. joaomgcd

Ok, can you please try with this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G77eDgeMdwQV9CWkpUOE11SkE/view?usp=sharing

I added an option to make it more reliable :) Try setting up a new AutoCast Speak action with this version.

Hope this helps!

No problem! :) I'm glad to help!

6. Lon B Perry

Lon B Perry New Member

Thank you. I will try it when i get home.
    Do you know of any videos that deal directly with auto speak and google home unit?

7. joaomgcd

There are none right now, but I'll be sure to create one in the future! thanks!

8. Lon B Perry

Lon B Perry New Member

Ok I have fiddled around with the Google home and auto speak for a while with the update you gave me.
    It has become apparent that the following is happening.
    1. when triggered by an action such as a contact sensor to have autospeak have google home say " Front door is open" it sometimes works or works within seconds or takes up to an hour or two to work. When i say work i mean that the Google Home speaker will say "front door is open"
    I have tried resetting the google home speaker and the internet provider.
    Are there any other suggestions you may have please.

Lon