AutoWear Floating icons disappearing

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by theswordsmahin, Jan 26, 2018.

1. theswordsmahin

theswordsmahin New Member

Hi again, I'm having a few issues with floating icons that I hope you can help me with.

The first one is that creating the icon from tasker does not seem to overwrite an existing icon on the watch. I have to manually delete it before adding another one. Not too bad to deal with, but is something I've noticed.

The main issue I'm having is that icons I create disappear immediately after executing the 'command to show'. I create the icon with tasker, and if I select show/hide from the AutoWear app directly, the icon appears flawlessly. If I set the "command to show" to when the watch boots up this also works. However if I have "command to show" set to on boot up, and another command like 'show icon', the floating icon will appear and then disappear almost immediately when I issue the 'show icon' command. I'm also using the 'command to hide' but have tripple checked the autowear logs that this command is not being sent. Have you seen this behavior? If not I'd be happy to send you an example.

I'm attempting to make sidebars for sliding menus, and to prevent the (idiotic, in my opinion) android wear behavior of swiping to swap the watch face, and I'd like a way to be able to show/hide these sidebars if I find theyre interfering with something.

Thank you in advance, and thanks for the amazing app!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the report! :) Can you please show me how exactly you configured this weirdly behaving floating icon? That way I can try to reproduce the behaviour. thanks in advance!

3. theswordsmahin

Sure thing, here is a task that i believe highlights the problem.

On my ticwatch e, the first problem is executing the task does not always show both icons. But if i execute it a few times both will show up. This was difficult to see when i was attempting to make these icons invisible haha.

Once they both do appear, the persistent notification now has 2 buttons for lock and unlock. Unlock it and the icons disappear as intended. Lock it, and both icons will appear and then disappear immediately. I have verified that only the lock command being issued in the AutoWear logs, so this does seem to strange to me.

If I go to the AutoWear app on my phone i am able to show each icon and they will remain there. Thanks for taking a look! Let me know if i can provide any more information View attachment testing.tsk.xml

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, sorry, but is the Ticwatch e completely compatible with Android Wear? Last time I checked they required the app to be built with a special library from them. I tried that but have since given up on that since it introduced too many issues.

5. theswordsmahin

I believe so. It's on the list as a device scheduled for the Oreo update at some point. As far as I know it was built for Android Wear, unlike it's predecessor ticwatches which did use a proprietary os...I installed your app directly from the app store with no problems... Is there something else that might make it not "completely compatible"?

Did my example work in your testing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. theswordsmahin

Hey, is there any update on this one? I saw your other thread relating to running on a ticwatch, and just want to re-iterate that the ticwatch 2, and the ticwatch e/s are entirely different, as the latter run on Android Wear. If you're still looking into it I apologize, I just did not want this to be forgotten due to the confusion.
    Thanks!