Open Chrome extension not syncing properly

Discussion in 'Join' started by Nevada, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Nevada

Nevada New Member

I've been using Join for a few months without issue with my old LG G3. That phone bit the dust and I upgraded to an Essential Phone PH-1. From the get-go I've had issues with Join.

Join was one of the first things I installed and it never synced messages properly from the Chrome side. If I send/receive from my phone, it's alright; both messages show up in the Chrome extension. If I send from the Chrome extension, the sent message never appears on my phone.

I've perused the other threads available (http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/sms-sent-via-chrome-laptop-not-showing-on-phone.28641/) to no avail. I only have one messaging app on my phone (the default one) so I don't know if that bug still pertains to me.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the app and the extension to no avail. Interestingly, when I uninstalled the Join app and reinstalled, it fixed the problem for a few hours. But then it reverts back to the above. Same with "changing" my messaging app: if I go to my messaging app defaults, click the only option, then restart the phone, same behaviour: fixed for a couple hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. What version of Join are you using and what messaging app are you using?

3. Nevada

Nevada New Member

Join: version 1.8.1.bf3
    Stock Android 8.1 "Messages" app: version 3.0.040 (Ukulele_RC30_xxhdpi.arm64-v8a.phone)

4. Carter Capocaccia

Carter Capocaccia New Member

I am having the same issue. Texts sent from the chrome extension never appear on the phone but they do send. App version 4.5 and im using Android Messages version 4.2

5. bwvanov

bwvanov New Member

Just wanted to chime in here that I'm experiencing the same. Chrome ext 1.8.2, Phone app 1.8.5b.bf, Messges version 3.0.040, Android 8.0 OPWS27.1.3, March 1 updates

6. Volt26

Volt26 New Member

I have the same issue..

I was an Airdroid users for 4 years and it started having sync issues lately.. I was never 100% happy with the free Airdroid anyways so I wanted to try something new. I bought Join yesterday and I was delighted to see how it works well and it didn't have that syncing bug in my first few hours of use.

Unfortunately, It stopped syncing correctly after a few hours of use.. I receive all messages on both my cell and chrome plugin BUT if I reply from chrome, the message I typed doesn't show on my cellphone. It never shows. After a while, it makes a weird looking history. It looks like my friends are talking to a ghost.

I restarted my cell and everything synced just fine. I have only one SMS app. If I can give you info that would help, let me know. I'm on Android 8.1.0. My cell is a Google Pixel.