AutoVoice Control Kodi the easy way with AutoVoice and Yatse! 2018-04-12

Previously a rather complex setup would have to be done for this, but now it's very easy!

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

2. chrisj

chrisj New Member

Im totally confused on how to set this up to work with a physical amazon echo? How is the echo getting the information from yatse and all these apps?? can you help please??

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. joaomgcd

4. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

Thank you so much for making this file. I have actually gotten some results finally. I do need some help though and really not sure where to turn: Here is what I have going on:

1. I have 3 android tv boxes, each running kodi. I have a 4th android box set up with only Google Assistant, Google Home, Yatse, Tasker and Autovoice. I also have a couple Google Home devices as well. I can use this with both the google homes as well as the voice remotes with no problems. But I have to manually change Yatse. Is there a way to change the voice commands to tell Yatse which device to play on??? I have them each named differently, IE, device name "Living Room", the kodi instance on that box is named "Living Room" and it is named "Living Room" in Yatse using it's respective static IP address.

I downloaded & imported the file from here to get me going and it plays movies great, but seems to only play the next un-watched episode of a tv show. Is this how it is intended? It doesn't seem to respond to "season" or "episode" or "random" in the tv shows. Do I need to add to the file I imported or am I doing something wrong? I am not able to do anything with music (listen in yatse)

I am pretty new to all of this and am tickled how well this is already working. If I could figure out how to get it to change devices by voice. For example, I could say "Ask Autovoice to play Avatar in Living Room". Any help would be be so very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for posting the project

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  5. DaveDH

DaveDH New Member

Nice work! Sadly I get an error while importing. It said that the import has two profiles. What should I do?[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

Go into tasker, click the 3 dots in upper right corner>prferences> in the UI section, turn off beginners mode. Then you can import projects. The House icon will appear in the bottom left corner. I'm new to this too.

DaveDH likes this.
  7. joaomgcd

Glad it's working for you :)
    The project here is just an example use case. You can customize it all you want. To do that you need to add more AutoVoice profiles with different filters for different situations. For example, add one for the "Listen" use case.

Just look at how this project was implemented to give you ideas on what you can do with it :)

Hope this helps!

8. DaveDH

DaveDH New Member

Thanks for the tip! I tried to import it trough "profiles". That was my mistake. Bit since it didn't work for me the first time I decided to take the long road en set up my profile by myself with the help of this how to. I must say, I learned a lot more doing so. So that's a plus. :-D

Here's a video

Thanks again!

9. joaomgcd

Nice! :D Very glad you figured it out! It's always best to be able to figure it out yourself because then you'll be able to build the things you want!

DaveDH likes this.
  10. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

@joaomgcd : Any chance you can help me out with using Autovoice/Tasker to change the device in which yatse is playing on? For example: "Ask Autovoice to play Avatar in Living Room" or "Ask Autovoice to play Avatar in Bedroom".

I have been trying to figure it out, but not having any success

UPDATE: I found a way to do it with 2 separate tasks

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  11. Wanderer189

Wanderer189 New Member

Okay, I had this all working and switching devices using 2 tasker commands. Now today, when I try to change devices via GH, I get the following response from GH: "error on autovoice server mode". I have tried rebooting everything, I made no changes, any idea what happened?

I tried checking it on another device instead of GH. It displays a list of errors, but goes away so fast I cant read it. Something about com.joaomgcd.autovoice.backend.auth.AcessTokenresponse.setexpireson(AccessTokenResponse.java:19)

and it lists about 6 things but disappear to fast to catch them all. I am using paid versions of Autovoice, Tasker and Yatse

UPDATE: Well, I didn't getting help from anyone on this one. So I had to do it the hard way. I knew what I had done worked. So I deleted everything and done it again, once again it is all working. Maybe it will keep working this time and this might help someone else.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  12. Trilliard

Trilliard New Member

Would be cool if those tutorials were a step-by-step guide and not "you need to know how to work and use with those Apps already"

13. joaomgcd

But this tutorial IS a step by step tutorial... :/

14. John Smitg

John Smitg New Member

I had this working for 5 minutes but for some reason it stopped thereafter. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I imported the project and also created from scratch. Same result

15. joaomgcd

Maybe try to manually call the Yatse plugin with a test task and see if that's working?

16. Liuryses

Liuryses New Member

Thnx alot i will try it to day i will need 2 controller right im use keyboard and mouse and any hub will work or just cronusmax hub?

17. Kirill Birger

Kirill Birger New Member

Is there a way to integrate this with a Google Home unit similar to the Alexa plugin mentioned above?

18. joaomgcd

Sure, just say "Ask AutoVoice to..." followed by the command :)

19. LKint

LKint New Member

@joaomgcd, great addons! I've made Echo routines to control Kodi via Smart Home Device as per your instructions in another tutorial and I'm really happy with the way they work! However, i haven't find a way (either with Smart Home Device or with the process described here) to perform a search within an addon such as Exodus or Covenant to find a movie and play it automatically as shown in @DaveDH video above... Any suggestions, please?

20. joaomgcd

Maybe that's a job for the Yatse developer? :) Maybe he can add that in his plugin!