AutoWeb 404 error when trying to list Google Calendar events

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ronny, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Ronny

Ronny New Member

Hello,

I started using AutoWeb today, hoping to solve a problem I've been having recently with HTTP Get and Google Calendar. The issue I've been having is that I'm getting a 403 error code (access denied). Seems to me like this occurs because the calendar is not set to public. Unfortunately I cannot change calendar settings since I'm just subscribed to it, and it's provided by my university.

So then I went on to try AutoWeb. With it I am able to list calendars, for example, and properly populate Tasker variables with the output. When trying to list events, however, I get a 404 (not found) error message. Just to make sure I was getting the calendar ID right, I even set up tasker to fetch the ID I wanted through AutoWeb and copy it for me. Listing events still doesn't work. I also tried removing the @import[etc] part from the ID, but that had no effect either. Even setting the ID to primary produces the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Is it simply impossible to access events on a non-public calendar now? (My primary may be non-public too, not able to check right now). It seems kind of strange though, since anyone can subscribe to the calendar without any credentials or authentification... Also, that HTTP Get profile I have worked a year ago with an almost identical calendar. (At the university websites you simply pick your classes and "export" to Google Calendar.) What has changed since then?

Thanks for reading.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for your contact.
    Can you please let me know how the calendar is configured exactly, so I can change one of mine to those settings and try it out myself? Thanks in advance

3. Ronny

Ronny New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

For now I've installed AutoCalendar, which gets the job done. I suppose you may still want to look into the issue though, so I'm gonna PM you the calendar ID. Not sure if that enables you to look at its settings. If not, please let me know, and I'll see if I can access those.

Edit: Oops. Turns out I'm not allowed to send private messages due to your spam settings (account too new I assume). I'll message you the calendar ID on reddit instead.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

So AutoCalendar can access it? If that's the case, then AutoWeb should be able to access it too, since it's using the same APIs... I wonder what's going on.. .Thanks, I'll take a look!

5. Ronny

Ronny New Member

You're right. AutoCalendar can access it just fine! I'm wondering, though... When using the Google Calendar API in AutoCalendar I got a popup regarding authentication. I can't remember getting this popup from AutoApps, but it's entirely possible that I did. Didn't pay attention to it back then since I didn't expect any issues.

Thanks for looking into it.

6. joaomgcd

I just tried it and it worked for me!

Check out my simple task:
    Code (Text):

Test (13)
        A1: AutoWeb Web Service [ Configuration:API: Google Calendar
    API Action: List Events
    Calendar ID: 3q4ql3os3mrvqin97029hn694dcbtj0r@import.calendar.google.com Timeout (Seconds):120 ]
        A2: Flash [ Text:%description
    %items_description() Long:Off ]