AutoBluetooth Is this plugin dead?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Aikar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Aikar

Aikar New Member

Any plans to resume work on it? Seeing threads from Early 2015 on this...

I have been looking hard for a plugin that provides what this is saying it's going to provide, and on the verge of trying to create it myself (I'm a Developer, just never touched Android yet), but then found this and got excited, and then sad :(

I had bought a Beacon that I wanted to detect only in bedroom, but the signal hit downstairs too. So signal strength to filter the Tasker state was needed for me.

Ultimately ended up ordering new beacons a few days ago I hope will let me adjust TX power, but even with customized TX power, detecting range will be useful to do position triangulation in home.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It's not exactly dead but it's on an indefinite hiatus :p

I already have so much to do that I can never get around to coming back to this, sorry! I would also make use of it in the same situation as you actually :)

3. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Aikar, where did you order your beacons from?

4. TMiC

TMiC New Member

@Aikar @joaomgcd yeah, I've also been looking for something like this but for security measures, i.e, detect if I'm near my phone through my band or smartwatch in order to unlock it....

PS. Sorry for the bump, but I'm really interested in something like this and maybe having more people showing interest in AutoBluetooth maybe João will eventually bump it in his priority list =P

: bluetooth