AutoShare Timeout Issues

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Eric C, May 25, 2017.

1. Eric C

Eric C New Member

I have been using Autoshare for a long time to automatically start playing music or podcasts based on other Tasker variables for over a year. Recently the Autoshare actions are timing out. I have all the actions set to continue the tasks after errors. If I run the same task right after Tasker triggered it, the task runs perfectly.

My task
    1 load audio app
    2 Autoshare play/pause down (package and class are set with variables)
    3 Autoshare play/pause up (package and class are set with variables)
    4 Autoshare play down (package and class are set with variables)
    3 Autoshare play up (package and class are set with variables)
    5 set volume

The reason I use "play pause" and then "play" because it helps with my specific car radio. The actions used to be instantaneous. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Tasker and Autoshare , rebuilt the tasks from scratch, turned off all other profiles, and factory reset my phone. I have a droid Turbo 2 with stock 7.0.

So does anyone have any other things I can try?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Since I haven't changed anything in AutoShare I think we have to assume that something changed on your device... Is AutoShare or Tasker maybe not on your Doze exception list?

Eric C likes this.
  3. Eric C

Eric C New Member

I have both set to "not optimized" I don't know what I did to my phone but thats why I did a factory reset. I changed the timeout to "never" and found that the first down key takes about 40-50 seconds, then after that the rest run instantly. So it is still working but there is a long delay at the beginning.

When in Tasker if I press the test button the autoshare steps run perfect. But when the same task is triggered by connecting to my car or bluetooth speaker thats when there is an issue. I even tried setting the profile's priority to 50.

4. joaomgcd

Hmmm maybe the delay is related to the phone being slower when it connects to the bluetooth speaker. Can you please try any other plugin action as the first action in the task and see how that works?

5. Eric C

Eric C New Member

I just threw in an autolaunch to open netflix and it seems to be the same kind of delay then the following autoshare actions works instantaneously when they are called.

6. joaomgcd

Yeah, that was my fear: your device is probably slower at the time it connects to your bluetooth device, so the action has less priority and takes longer to trigger. Do you happen to have other tasks that run at the same time when you connect?

7. Eric C

Eric C New Member

I appreciate your help. I have a one profile that is triggered by a Bluetooth connection and it changes the volume and then launches a scene. usually I pick the audio app from the scene that I want to play within a few seconds, and then there is a perform task with the autoshare commands. While the scene is visible there are no tasks running

8. Eric C

Eric C New Member

I tried the same task with a profile triggered by headphones and it worked right away. So you're right about the Bluetooth slowing down the task. It used to work fine for almost a year with Bluetooth so I'll have to play with my Bluetooth settings and see if I can find anything.

9. Bloodjackob

Bloodjackob New Member

Ł i tak jużemr się f się to że niektóreto rt
    Z pow psu braku budynków zmienia zmienia się

10. Eric C

Eric C New Member

joaomgcd likes this.
  11. joaomgcd

Yeah, this seems to be an issue related to the Google App unfortunately.

12. Apashe

Apashe New Member

Thank's a lot for your help @Eric C,

I use Tasker to unlock my phone automatically when my phone is connected to my car.

I first thought it was related to Google play services but I'm happy to see it's just the Google app

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A3003 en utilisant Tapatalk