AutoRemote Notifications required in 'Reddit' IFTTT applet example?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TimGNO, Jun 23, 2017.

1. TimGNO

TimGNO New Member

This question may come off sounding facetious, but it's an honest one, something that n00bs may need for deeper understanding of how the IFTTT 'New Top (Reddit) Post' applet (https://ifttt.com/applets/56272274d-new-top-post-on-r-android-creates-notification-on-your-phone) is intended to behave.
    Here goes (see attached screenshot):
    Do you have to leave 'Receive notifications when this Applet runs' turned ON?
    Again, not meaning to get metaphysical here, but since the applet literally is already designed to 'Send a Message' to your device via AutoRemote plug-in, for action by Tasker, is the additional 'Notification' IFTT wants to broadcast really necessary?
    I will naturally go test on my own setup and amend this post later (unless someone more knowledgeable beats me to it before the Applet gets invoked for the first time!).
    NOTE: FIRST TIME POSTING... so hoping I have not sidestepped some Forum etiquette by asking in a new Topic. I definitely searched 'Reddit' first and saw nothing similar on earlier threads. Thanks!

Attached Files: