AutoTools Need advice: how to integrate AutoTools in my own app?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by AdriaanH, Sep 17, 2018.

1. AdriaanH

AdriaanH New Member

Dear reader,

I need some advice on this situation: Currently I am developing an Android App using Android Studio. Within this App, I receive RFID tags through Bluetooth. So, at a certain point, I have a string variable containing the RFID tag. Within my app I want to "forward" this string using some tool to applications like Tasker and/or IFTTT. What would be the best approach to realize this? Which AutoXxx tool could do that job? Should I work with an API?
    Any suggestion, example code is appreciated very much, thanks in advance!

-- Adriaan

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You could create a Tasker plugin :) That would be the most user friendly approach.

3. AdriaanH

AdriaanH New Member

João, thanks for the answer!

--Adriaan

4. AdriaanH

AdriaanH New Member

I spent many days in getting things working, but no success at all. The Tasker Plugin Introduction page seems to be outdated, it mentions Eclipse as development platform while i am using Android Studio. Compiling the example projects (toast, display) returns many warnings/errors in the latest AS version.
    I am just looking for a guide to implement a Event Plugin (receive a string, send it to Tasker). Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

--Adriaan

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi again. Sorry about that, should've mentioned that I'm testing out a new plugin SDK for some developers. Can you please contact me directly so I can link you to it?

I'm sorry for the lost time!