AutoVoice Alexa custom response

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Kallb123, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Kallb123

Kallb123 New Member

My aim is to make a "find my phone" task I can trigger via Alexa. I've done all the hard work (already done to interact via SMS)... Turn up volume, play music, find location, reverse geocode into an address etc...

I just don't know how to get Alexa to then reply with the address (or other text).

I see contexts, but these seem to be done before a command is given, which isn't what I want, I want to ping the phone for a live location (which I've already done) and vocalise that.

Is that possible? It seems like I just need a variable in the response field, but I'm struggling to find any documentation to guide me (other than youtube videos).

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Check it out here :)

3. Kallb123

Kallb123 New Member

Set it up like that, thanks for the pointer! Really handy and looking forward to experimenting with what's possible. I do wish we could just use one command and get a dynamic reply.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, me too! :)

5. Kallb123

Kallb123 New Member

Just as a follow up... I implemented this using my own location grabber (was already set up from an SMS tasker profile), not AutoLocation. So I grab the lat/lon and send it to Google Maps API and use JavaScript to parse the JSON response for the address.

The only issue I have is commas. It took me ages to figure out that the commas in the address were making the AutoVoice set context fail "length of names must be same as length of values". How should I properly escape commas? I've just removed them for now, but would \, work?

6. Ville Westerholm

Ville Westerholm New Member

I was able to do this without extra command
    - connect autovoice device (I've tablet) using bluetooth to alexa
    - autovoice profile has response "please wait"
    - tasker task says the response (alert -> say) using alexa as bluetooth speaker

Of course the sound is different, but it works

Lähetetty minun SGP521 laitteesta Tapatalkilla