AutoNotification AN replace a notification for another app

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Wouter, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem with Business Calendar 2, my calendar and tasks app of choice. Sometimes I accidentally swipe its notification away and then it's gone. The notification will reappear later when future tasks or events become overdue, but all tasks and events that were overdue at the moment I swyped the notification away will not reappear. So I'm likely to forget about them.

My idea is to use AutoNotification to use a grouped notification wherein I would catch BC2's notification. While making that AN a persistent one, so that I cannot swype it away.

Reading this thread and this example project, I made a task that generates an Autonotification with the same key as the BC2 notification has. I queried that key and it looks OK. I set Is Group Summary to yes and then run the task. It creates the notification just fine, but it doesn't incorporate the BC2 notification. They both appear separately.

Is this not the way this works? Can I achieve what I want? What am I doing wrong?
    I'd rather not take the entire contents of the BC2 notification over in an Autonotification of my own, to replace it, because I expect this to be very complicated. It contains a list of variable length of reminders for tasks/events that can be snoozed or dismissed separately or (after selecting some of them) grouped. Tapping on a reminder in the list opens that specific task/event. So you see the're a lot of variability and functionality in it, making it very hard to recreate.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, you can't group AutoNotification notifications with another app's notifications. Apps can only create groups for themselves. Sorry!

3. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi Joao, thanks for replying. Too bad though!