AutoInput Android TV and activate restricted profile

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Gabriel Arce, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Gabriel Arce

Gabriel Arce New Member

I am trying to activate/deactivate Android's restricted profile through tasker
    This is on "true" android TV devices: mi box and nexus player (for all intents and purposes this also applies to the more expensive nvidia shield). They are both in oreo. I have already create the restricted profile, the point of my post is to create the script is to activate it. I have figure there is not likely an action called "enable restricted profile" and I need to simulate entry by a human.
    For instance to activate restricted profile:
    <Go to home> Up, Right, Right, <Enter>, Down, Down, <Enter>
    Important note that this is an android TV device, so for instance I can not enable accessibility settings.
    1. What plug ins do I need to install?
    2. Can I program those key sequences or do I need to use the menu names?
    Any tips are appreciated, relatively new to tasker. Pretty powerful thing for sure

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately without accessibility services I don't think you can simulate input like that...

But you say "I have already create the restricted profile"... Where exactly did you create it, and what does it do exactly? Thanks

3. Gabriel Arce

Gabriel Arce New Member

I have accessibility services and can turn on for Tasker and autoinput. Unfortunately when I do the navigation get whacked. I can not reach all the icons on the screen and pressing an icon gives what looks like a long press.
    Android TV has this concept of restricted profile. Basically you set it up with a pin and select which apps are available with restricted profile.
    Activating the profile just requires selecting the menu. Deactivating it requires a pin
    This is like kids mode

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I see.. Can you maybe try with the Tasker Custom Setting action? Maybe there's a setting that can be toggled in the background?

: guest mode