AutoInput AutoInput not working with FrontPoint app

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Andrew Cleland, May 15, 2018.

1. Andrew Cleland

Andrew Cleland New Member

Very new when it comes to Tasker/autoinput/any programming.

I'm trying to use AutoInput to turn on and off my zwave lights in my Frontpoint app with a tasker widget and eventually using Google assistant .Trouble is that I can't get AutoInput to do anything with the Frontpoint app.

I ran a UI Query and the buttons I'm looking to click show as:
    Array: turn off living room
    Array: turn on living room

I've tried using easy set up but the screen just freezes if I hit accept from the notification bar after opening Frontpoint. Also, accessibility is on for Tasker and AutoInput .

What am I missing? With all of the things AutoInput is capable of this should be easy right?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please explain what you mean by the screen freezing when using Easy Setup? Do you mean after selecting the button correctly?

3. Andrew Cleland

In my case, when I'm creating the task and add a new action I select "plug in". I open AutoInput (paid version) and select "easy set up" . It opens the notification that tells me to go the app I want and screen.

I open Frontpoint and scroll down to the button to turn on my lights. Then I open the notification and click add. It's at this point that the process just stops. Can't access notifications, can't open any apps, have to hit the back button multiple times and then Autoinput shows I've selected a system UI for the action which is incorrect...

Hope that makes sense, thank you in advance for the help .

Attached Files:

4. Andrew Cleland

Just checking back to see if my explanation made sense?

5. Andrew Cleland

SOLVED

Happy to report I've figured it out. Unselected "Is Tasker" and worked more with the easy set up. I wasn't doing it just right. It now works and it's excellent for turning lights on and off with shortcuts. Anyone know if Google Assistant will recognize shortcuts on a phone's screen?

6. Andrew Cleland

Not so fast, I thought I had it figured out, I was wrong. I can select buttons correctly in the app, the problem is that when the app opens new it can be scrolled up or down and this is throwing off the field IDs and points depending on what I use. I've tried to put a swipe action in, but it does not work. Any ideas? The coordinates don't do anything when setting up a swipe to the top of the app.

7. joaomgcd

So, to clarify, the problem is that you need to scroll all the way up before using the click action?

8. Andrew Cleland

That is correct, I can't get swipe to work...

9. joaomgcd

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

: AutoInput, array