AutoRemote Autoremote event is not getting triggered in Tasker

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Walt, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Walt

Walt New Member

Is there a list of error codes somewhere?
    When I first installed autoremote it was working flawlessly. As time went by it became more "hit and miss". I am now getting error code 2. Hopefully if I know what the code is I can get this working again.
    I looked in AutoRemote Logs but it just said it sent the message.

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Where are you getting this error exactly? Can you specify? thanks in advance

3. Walt

Walt New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    In this case I am running AutoRemote through tasker on my galaxy s5 phone and sending to my samsung tab 4 tablet. The two devices are on the same network and for this test they are within bluetooth range as well.
    The tasker task runs Autoremote Message (with continue task after error enabled). The next step does a notify with text = %err. When I run the task, the Autoremote step hangs for a couple of minutes and then ends with a red dot beside it. The notify step then runs and says %err was 2.

4. joaomgcd

Can you please try this in AutoRemote:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

5. Walt

Walt New Member

It wouldn't let me paste - said it was spam. See attachment for logs.

I've done a lot of testing. Here are the results:
    • When sending from my phone or PC to the tablet I get a toast saying the message is received but the autoremote event in tasker is not triggered. %err = 2, %errmsg = timed out
    • When sending from the tablet or PC to the phone I do not get a toast but the log says the message was received (notifications in and out are turned on). The autoremote event in tasker is not triggered.
    The main issue is the autoremote event is not getting triggered. This used to work well. What's going on?
    Please help. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. joaomgcd

Hmm, sorry, but if the task is not getting triggered it's best to check the Tasker log after you enable it. Can you please do that? thanks in advance!

7. Walt

Walt New Member

Thank you for your help.

The only message I get is in popup errors: ActionArgBundle: 08.45.23#ActionArgBundle: warning: Autoremote: extra key not found in bundle:target

I haven't found anything definitive in my testing but I did find one more part of the puzzle that may be causing this. The geofencing app I am using may have been having a problem as well.

So, as long as I keep an eye on all the parts of the puzzle: geofence, autoremote, and tasker everything works ok.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
: Error codes