Solved Autoremote stopped working

Discussion in 'AutoRemote' started by Sergpot, Nov 9, 2017.

  1. Sergpot

    Sergpot New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there,
    I have one smartphone and one tablet communicating via Autoremote. For instance, whichever one reaches full battery charge issues a voice notice locally and sends an Autoremote message to the other device which notifies me too (useful for me when they are located in different rooms).
    Problem is, since this morning the tablet Autoremote instance is suddenly unreachable. Tried to send 'manually' to it some messages by browsing the relevant personal url, nothing happens. Reinstalled Autoremote a few times, nothing. The log is enabled but empty, hence useless. I'm stuck and need kind help.

    Edit after one hour: without doing ANYTHING AT ALL, it is working again!! Probably some syncing mechanism...
     
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
    Let's hope it sticks :) Thanks for the update!
     
  3. Sergpot

    Sergpot New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah,
    BTW Autoapps are just awesome and I thank you very much man for putting your efforts into this work.
     
  4. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
    Thank you very much!
     
  5. Sergpot

    Sergpot New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm back at square one with Autoremote not firing on my tablet when I send messages to it from my smartphone. No toast in, empty log. BUT, it works fine if I open Autoremote on the tablet and keep it open either in foreground or background. It seems like it's in a sleepy state. Any settings that I can check? Thanks
     
  6. Sergpot

    Sergpot New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    edit: Checked among running processes in developer options. On the device working I have Tasker up and running (one process, three services), on the device not working I've got nothing
     
  7. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
  8. Sergpot

    Sergpot New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well Joao, not exactly, but reading through the lines of that post actually fired a lamp. I checked the 'inactive apps' entry within developer options and the Autoremote background process was inactive! Soon as I activated it, it started working like a breeze also in the background. I have a task killer stock app installed and I suspect once I might inadvertently have killed more processes than wanted while fumbling with it.
    I cross fingers and say problem solved.
    Thanks for all
     
  9. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
    Great to know :)
     
: autoremote

Share This Page