AutoTools AutoTools 2.0 + webscreens, how to get started?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Wouter, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Wouter

Wouter Member

I''m interested in the charming possibilities of AutoTools 2.0 and Webscreens, especially the things that you can swipe in. But I just don't know how to get started. Is there some beginner howto? I'm absolutely no newbie on Tasker and Joao's plugins, but for this I don't know how to start.

This bottom button swipe up thing looks very interesting: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/bottom-swipe-quick-actions.16158/ . I figured out I could download the project .xml file, then need to long press on the bottom bar in Tasker to import the .xml. That added the appropriate profile and task to Tasker. But swiping up from the three buttons of my HTC 10 brings up nothing.

Then this left side navigation drawer looked very nice to try: https://m.imgur.com/9eLh3OD . The project is described here: https://joaoapps.com/autotools-2-0-web-screens-html-read-and-more/ . I couldn't find a project .xml to import to Tasker. I did use the import function of AutoTools, and it shows up there in AutoTools. But what should I do then? How to setup profiles and tasks? How to get this all going? I'm confused.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

About the first tutorial, did you miss the part that says "First you need to run the Bottom Swipe Setup to create the 3 overlays at the bottom."? :)
    The navigation drawer doesn't have a tutorial, but it's just a matter of selecting the preset in the AutoTools Web Screen action and running it :)

Hope this helps!

Wouter likes this.
  3. Wouter

Wouter Member

Ha, you're fast. Yes I remember reading that sentence a couple of times. But I have absolutely no idea what it means. Run what where or in what application? I guess I miss some basic knowledge. And frankly the same goes for what you say on the navigation drawer "selecting the preset in the AutoTools Web Screen action and running". Is that in a Tasker action?

4. joaomgcd

5. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thank you! I'll check it all out.

6. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thanks again, your tips really helped me out. I guess the missing link in my knowledge was that I need to run a task that starts showing the overlay. I understand now what that part of the three bottom buttons description means. I followed that galaxy app launcher tutorial and got it to work as well. Love it! I also got the navigation drawer to work, be it only with the three default buttons one, two and three. I'd love to hear how to populate that drawer with my Spotify playlists, like your video does. How do I do that?

7. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi Joao, I'm still looking to populate the left side navigation drawer with my Spotify playlists, like the example. Can you please help?
    Will I have to do something like this calling the Spotify api? If so, how to query one's own playlists?
    Or do I do something analog to this method for YouTube?
    In the latter case, I guess I need AutoWeb? Is it still in beta?

8. joaomgcd

Hi again. Yes, you'd need to use AutoWeb to query the Spotify API for your playlists and then fill the list that way :) The "one, two, three" buttons are just examples so that you can easily see how it looks like.

Hope this helps!

9. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thanks! I'll apply for the beta then. Any quick tips on how to query with Autoweb, or is it rather plug and play?

10. joaomgcd

It should be straight forward:
    • Import Spotify Web Service in the main AutoWeb app
    • Use it in Tasker
    Let me know if you have any trouble :)

11. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thank you again. The import of the Spotify was successful. Now I'll have to find out how to get the WebScreen to work with this.

12. Wouter

Wouter Member

There's an awful lot of things you can query, I see. Can you give a quick reference of which parameters I need for showing the names and the images of the playlists, and for playing them?

[edit]
    %url() seems to give the playlists' images.
    %name() seems to give the names.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  13. joaomgcd

Yep, that's it :)

14. Wouter

Wouter Member

I'm close, but not there yet. I've set a separator ### for both the Spotify api query and the WebScreen, like the YouTube example I linked to above. That works. However, my navigation drawer now shows the correct list of playlist names, in the right order, but not the correct images. Some images appear 3 times in a row for different not corresponding playlists, some 1 time, some never (comparing with my Spotify app). I checked the retrieved %url variable. Indeed the WebScreen shows what's in there. Manually opening every url in %url indeed some images are in there 3 times, always in a big format, then medium, then small format. Do you know how to solve this?

And then, how to play a playlist on my device's Android Spotify app when having clicked on it? What extra variable do I have to query besides %name and %url? And is the best way to play by feeding in back to the API through AutoWeb, or by sending an Android intent? Thanks!

15. joaomgcd

Just to clarify, are you using the "Get All User Playlists" action? :)

16. Wouter

Wouter Member

Yes, exactly that one.

17. Wouter

Wouter Member

18. joaomgcd

Ok, I just released an update for the Spotify API that has a new action "Current User's Playlists".

That one has "Big Image URL" and "Small Image URL" fields. Those will not show repeats.
    Hope this helps! :)

19. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thank you Joao!
    However, it gives a json error.
    13.42.03/Variables doreplresult: |%separator| -> |####|
    13.42.03/ActionArgBundle AutoWeb Web Service: JoinOutputArray: %separator -> ####
    13.42.03/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoWeb Web Service / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 14 bundle keys
    13.42.03/E AutoWeb Web Service: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoweb/com.joaomgcd.autoweb.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    13.42.03/E add wait type Plugin1 time 120
    13.42.03/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    13.42.03/E add wait task
    13.42.03/E Error: 81084912
    13.42.03/E org.a.b: JSONArray[0] not found.

20. joaomgcd

: spotify