Open Autotools actions sometimes don't run

Discussion in 'AutoTools' started by obscurereference, Mar 15, 2017.

  1. obscurereference

    obscurereference New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ok, this is an odd one.. I've noticed that sometimes, seemingly at random, an autotools action in a task will not do anything. No output variables get set (including error codes and error messages) and the task continues as if nothing has happened. It isn't related to the parameters I give as I can run exactly the same action, sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.
    I've experienced this with most parts of autotools that I've used (definitely the time, JSON and HTML read actions) and it happens maybe 10% of the time an action is run. It happens so much that whenever I use an autotools action in a task I run often, I have to call each autotools action twice just to ensure that it runs correctly, because otherwise the task becomes too unreliable.
    I'm currently using the latest beta version but I've experienced this with all versions I've used. I've never experienced anything similar with other Tasker plugins (including other joaoapps plugins).
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob
     
  2. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
    That's very weird indeed. So you're saying that if you manually test a task with such an action 10 times, at least one of those times that issue will happen? thanks!
     
  3. obscurereference

    obscurereference New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    1
    Yes - for example, I've just repeatedly ran an task consisting of
    1) Autotools: query bluetooth devices,
    2) flash the result.
    Most of the time there's pause of a few seconds on action 1, then action 2 flashes an empty json file (which is correct), However about 1 in 10 times action 1 finishes immediately with no pause, then action 2 flashes %atbluetoothdevices (indicating that the variable has not been set).
    It's annoying and it would be good to have this fixed, but if I'm the only person who has reported this I'm fine with it being a low priority. I'm running this on a Huwei phone and I'm wondering if their EMUI skinned android 6.0.1 is interfering with autotools somehow.
    Thanks
     
  4. joaomgcd

    joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2015
    Messages:
    5,133
    Likes Received:
    466
    Interesting! Yes, you're the first to report this!
    Does it do that with AutoTools Json read for example? Try with this json {"test":"hello"} and try to read the "test" field.

    Thanks again!
     
  5. alex29

    alex29 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2016
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    1
    Olá João!!
    Não sei se o que vou falar está relacionado com o problema acima reportado, no entanto agora que vi aqui que o equipamento é um Huawei com a versão 6.0.1, que coincide também com o meu equipamento (P8 special edition), aproveito para reportar que a tarefa deste link: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php...tes-if-important-notification-is-present.191/, a maior parte das vezes também não funciona. Já fiz e refiz a tarefa no Tasker, e ás vezes quando acabo de a criar funciona, mas passados uns tempos dou por mim a reparar que deixou de notificar (sms ou chamadas por exemplo).
    Cumprimentos,
     
  6. obscurereference

    obscurereference New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    1
    I've tried it with the JSON test you suggested and the issue is still happening with this action - although less frequently than 10% of the time. Not sure if the reduced frequency of the problem is a coincidence or due to this particular action.
     
: bug, autotools

Share This Page