AutoTools AutoTools secure settings don't work on Samsung S7e at android 7 level

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Craig Collins, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Craig Collins

Craig Collins New Member

Not sure how to get settings right on this phone. I could set the permission on once I installed the apk that was listed in a similar issue reported by someone else.
    Here is the info from the error log.

Fwd: AutoTools - android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=autotools://grant-settings-permission launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } }

com.joaomgcd.autotools version 1.0
    OS Build NRD90M.G935AUCU4BQA6
    OS Code 24
    Device SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
    Manufacturer samsung
    Product hero2qlteuc

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=autotools://grant-settings-permission launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } }
    at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1839)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1531)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4389)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:4348)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:4672)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:4640)
    at android.content.ContextWrapper.startActivity(ContextWrapper.java:386)
    at com.joaomgcd.common.dialogs.d$2.shouldOverrideUrlLoading(SourceFile:103)
    at android.webkit.WebViewClient.shouldOverrideUrlLoading(WebViewClient.java:73)
    at com.android.webview.chromium.WebViewContentsClientAdapter.shouldOverrideUrlLoading(WebViewContentsClientAdapter.java:353)
    at org.chromium.android_webview.AwContentsClient.shouldIgnoreNavigation(AwContentsClient.java:168)
    at org.chromium.android_webview.AwContentsClientBridge.shouldOverrideUrlLoading(AwContentsClientBridge.java:269)
    at org.chromium.base.SystemMessageHandler.nativeDoRunLoopOnce(Native Method)
    at org.chromium.base.SystemMessageHandler.handleMessage(SystemMessageHandler.java:41)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6688)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1468)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1358)

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. Craig Collins

Craig Collins New Member

Same behavior

4. Craig Collins

Craig Collins New Member

I went in and made the permission change with ADB instead of using the setting through the app. Now I can change the location settings with AutoTools on the S7e with Android 7 without issue. I'm going to replace my AutoInput sequence to make that change with the setting through AutoTools.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017