AutoVoice Autovoice 'oldschool' and NLP

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Wouter, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi,
    I'm a long time Autovoice user, just setting his first steps with the new Natural Language feature. I have Autovoice and Google Now integration turned on on my device, so when I long press the home button it starts Autovoice listening to my commands.
    To my surprise no NLP commands are picked up from this. I have finally figured out that NLP commands will actually only be picked up when I start Autovoice from the NLP widget (BTW, this technically isn't a widget, it's a shortcut. This got me searching in the wrong place for a while).
    Is there a way to integrate those? I used to like the easy way of starting Autovoice listening by just longpressing the home button, especially while driving, I can do that without taking my eyes of the road. For the NLP shortcut, I have to unlock my phone, then go to the home screen where the widget is, find it and press it.
    If there's no way to do that, is there a way then I can bind the NLP listening version of Autovoice to the home button? After all, I could rebuild all my old autovoice profiles to NLP versions.
    Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi! :) I've just released an update that allows you to do that! Check in AutoVoice -> Natural Language for the setting.

Hope this helps!

3. Wouter

Wouter Member

Thanks a lot Joao, you're fast! I'll be sure to test this out. However, if I understand correctly, it'll be NLP instead of normal recognition. Will you ever integrate the two, so that they'll both be able to trigger profiles from the same speech, or will I have to rebuild all my old profiles to NLP ones?

4. joaomgcd

You can choose either one or the other. It currently does work for both at the same time... Hmmm maybe I can add that option too?

5. Wouter

Wouter Member

Would that be hard to add?

Personally I couldn't see why one would want to choose. I like using them both now :)

6. joaomgcd

7. Wouter

Wouter Member

Yeah, this is great!! Works! Thanks!

8. joaomgcd

Great!

9. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi Joao, this has been working great!
    However, when I provoke Autovoice from within Tasker it doesn't. Within a task I add a new action >> plugins >> Autovoice and then I have to choose either the old school "Recognize" or the new "Natural Language" commands. Could those be integrated please, so that it listens to both old and new NLP commands, like you did for Autovoice when starting in Android through the home button?

10. joaomgcd

11. Wouter

Wouter Member

You're the greatest, thanks a lot! I confirm the Recognize action of plugin Autovoice now has an option to also listen for Natural Language. I've tested it and it works great.

Thanks again!

12. joaomgcd

Awesome! :)

Wouter likes this.
  13. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi Joao, I have found another discrepancy in this department, if I may call it that way.
    In Tasker, you can use the event condition with the Autovoice plugin. The Autovoice plugin offers, amongst others, the "No Match" condition, so you can execute something if no matching Autovoice command is found, for instance say "Can you please repeat, we didn't catch a command".
    This No Match condition correctly doesn't trigger when an old school voice command is spoken. However, No Match does trigger when a natural language command is spoken, which is undesirable. It should not trigger. Ideally, one would even be able do distinguish between No Match AND/OR No NLP Match.
    Is that something you could fix too? I'd be much obliged!

14. joaomgcd

Hi! Do you mean when using the AutoVoice recognize action in Tasker? Thanks!

15. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi, I'm talking about profile conditions. In Tasker, add a new profile > event > plugin > Autovoice > No Match. This profile wrongfully triggers when there actually is a match with a Natural Language command.

Thanks!

16. Wouter

Wouter Member

Hi, is my explanation clear enough for you? Or do you need more information? Are you planning on fixing this? Thanks!

17. joaomgcd

18. Wouter

Wouter Member

Glad to see you back! And thanks for the apk. I'll check it out later today.

19. Wouter

Wouter Member

I've tested it, but it doesn't work. I've tried with both the primary natural language command and one of the alternative natural ways of saying it. Each time I tried, the natural language command is properly recognized and the corresponding task executed. But the No-Match profile also fires it's corresponding task.

20. joaomgcd