AutoWear feature request: backup

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by matejdro, Mar 13, 2015.

1. matejdro

matejdro New Member

Android wear has this very nasty problem: every time I install new ROM on my phone or change phones entirely, I have to wipe the watch in order to pair it (otherwise watch's bluetooth is not discoverable).

This is usually not problem (apps re-sync eventually), except for AutoWear which looses all screens and other goodies.

Could you make backup of the Wear data on the phone so when Wear app gets reinstalled, everything would be restored?

EDIT: How do I turn off automatic tagging of words in my post? It drives me nuts.

2. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

You could just create the Screens in Tasker. Then you would just have a Task that contains all of the screens and on the new ROM you just need to trigger the Task once. That doesn't help if you're using AutoWear Times which you can't create with Tasker but only in the app so a backup function would still be good.

3. matejdro

matejdro New Member

That could work. It would just be hassle to create everything inside inside tasker.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you should create everything in Tasker to make sure you never lose and can easily back it up, etc.
    Why is it a hassle to create it in Tasker by the way? :) Isn't it the same as creating in the app itself?

5. matejdro

matejdro New Member

Categories are biggest plus probably. I could have create separate tasks I guess, but that would create mess in my task list.

6. Jonatan

Jonatan Member

You could create a separate Project for AutoWear where you only store those tasks

7. matejdro

matejdro New Member

Yeah it looks like this is best option at the moment. Thanks.

8. Eric Starks

Eric Starks New Member

I am creating all my autowear screens, apps etc in tasker, but when I go to update them in tasker, they don't update in autowear. I end having to go into autowaer to update them. How do I force a sync between the two?

9. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Is AutoWear able to connect to your watch?

10. MLSchoeneman

MLSchoeneman New Member

@joaomgcd I am having the same issue with sync between Autowear created screen in Tasker and Autowear app. Autowear connects perfect to Android Wear and shows the correct screen when created within Autowear. using Tasker for backup purposes

Edit: SOLVED, after creating/editing screen, complication, etc in Tasker you have to manually run the Task so it loads to the watch. When you launch AutoWear on phone it will pull from watch to sync not from Tasker, PROFIT!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
: AutoWear