AutoWear Autowear Screen does not save

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by CommShop, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CommShop

CommShop New Member

Autowear New screen does not save. Cannot create and save a screen.
    LG Urbane:
    Android OS 7.1.1. Android Wear 2.0.0.152767911. Google Play 10.2.98. Security Patch Level March 1, 2017

Sony Z5C:
    Android Version 7. Build 32.3.A.2.33 . Kernel 3.10.84-perf-g1016077 Build Date Feb 24 2017

Hi All,

Before the following update All Autowear functions worked perfectly.

After recent Android Wear Update, April 2017, Autowear began to fail. It got so bad that I had to delete and install both Autowear and Android Wear after deleting cache.

The Autowear logs are full of Connection tru and connection false. Command logs are full of Connected, disconnected. Watch log is empty. System Logs box is checked.

I have an LG Urbane that functioned with Autowear and tasker beautifully before the Android Wear update. I learned the app from top to bottom and never had a challenge I couldn't build or Google to create.

Problem: Autowear does not allow me to save screens.

Autowear detects my Watch under Autowear Wear Device settings.

I have tested both: First Available and by selecting watch name in Wear Device settings.

When new screen created and saved under Manage Screens, screen does not show. I have created over a dozen screens lately and the saved screen never shows and never saved.

Android Wear shows that my watch is connected I receive all notifications. I can push new watch faces to it no problem.

All Tasker functions remained working during this whole ordeal. I can run my tasks and they work as they always have.

I miss my autowear. Any help, guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that :( I need to get myself an Android Wear 2.0 device so I can test this properly!

3. CommShop

CommShop New Member

Solved.

Thank you for your reply.

Bottom line, I resolved it. Problem was related to my ignorance of undocumented New Android Wear 2.0 OS app installation process.

Yes the New Android Wear 2.0 OS was installed on my watch without my permission. I have updates turned off on watch and phone. Android Wear 2.0 carries a change in how Apps are installed on watch. Although an app is installed on phone, it doesn't mean it is installed on watch. Google created a complicated and privacy invasive process that requires Android Wear 2.0 to be linked to an account so that, a separate, Watch's Google Play can install app's from phone onto your watch.

AutoWear is now working fine. We lost many man hours of productivity due to this undesired Google Android Wear update.

You have a fine app and we paid for it because it provides a value worth it's cost. Continue the good work.

In case your interested, this is how we use AutoWear?

We have a fourscreen menu that allows us to control up to 15 devices through Tasker. We turn devices on/off and open doors in our buildings. Buildings have a VPN connection to our Z-Wave controller so we can send commands to them. Without AutoWear, we would have to find our phone, open app and find the device to control. I personally love AutoWear. It saves time and time is money.

Question, May I remove AutoVoice? I do not need it. I do not use it.

Cheers,

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! :) Glad that it's fixed!
    And yes, if you don't use voice commands you can remove AutoVoice.

Your use case is awesome :D Would love to see a video of that!