AutoWear Autowear screen events, Facebook Messenger video chat and Alarmdroid.

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by djrxr6, May 30, 2017.

1. djrxr6

djrxr6 New Member

Hi,
    I recently discovered an issue which seems to relate to Autowear.

I found that my Facebook Messenger video chats were failing to initiate. I'd press the button to make a call, but the call would seem to hang up almost immediately. When someone would try to call me, the same kind of thing would happen.

One of the troubleshooting steps I took to try and resolve this issue was to turn my Android watch off. With the device off, I was able to make and receive Facebook Messenger calls, no problem.

Upon further investigation, I found that unchecking the "Screen Events" checkbox in Autowear settings also resolved the issue.

As an aside, I'd also been troubled by an issue with Alarmdroid. After I snooze the initial alarm, each alarm which followed would automatically snooze again, with no input from me. This issue has also stopped since I unchecked the "Screen Events" checkbox in Autowear settings on my watch.

I'm running Android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Android Wear 2.0 on a Huawei smartwatch. The version of Autowear installed on my watch is 1.0.24.

The Screen Events feature of Autowear is not critical to me, but since I wasn't able to find any other occurrences of this issue throughout the forum, I thought the developer may be interested and decided to make this post.

As this is my first post on the forum, please forgive me if I've missed anything.

Thanks.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the report!

That is very very strange. I don't see how those could be related to the screen events! :)
    If you turn them on again it'll immediately go back to doing what you described? Thanks!