Solved Calling number from Chrome appears to work but no call made

Discussion in 'Join' started by Jezzaaaa, May 15, 2017.

1. Jezzaaaa

Jezzaaaa New Member

Hi, just got started with Join and it looks great. [edit:Sending/]reading SMS on Chrome works well; notifications pop up on Chrome, etc. [edit: Looks like sending SMS doesn't actually work, or it worked for a bit and then stopped.]
    However, when I try to use the dialer feature, everything seems to work but my phone doesn't make a call. I get a pop-up saying "Calling <contact name>; This will call <contact name> (<contact number>) on your device.Are you sure?" to which I respond "OK"; then I get a pop-up saying "Sent request to call <number>". But the phone never places a call.
    I've tried placing the call from two different Windows PCs. I ran the diagnostics on the PCs and they both show all good.
    I ran the diags on the phone, and it came up with 3 problems related to receiving pushes saying "Are you behind a firewall?" but I'm not behind a firewall (using LTE), and everything else in the diags checks out OK.
    I'm running Android 7.1.1, LineageOS 14.1-20170207 on Samsung Galaxy S5.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The problem seems to be related to receiving pushes on your Phone. Did you maybe disable GCM (or some other type of Google service) on the phone?

3. Jezzaaaa

Jezzaaaa New Member

Hmm, looks like nothing is working except receiving notifications. I can't ring my device, can't take a screenshot.

4. Jezzaaaa

Jezzaaaa New Member

And after a reboot, everything is working perfectly. The diagnostics fully pass, I can ring my phone, send texts, everything I need. Awesome!

: call