Open Cannot send SMS. SMS popup appears to choose SIM Card

Discussion in 'Join' started by Nuno J, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Nuno J

Nuno J New Member

When trying to send SMS from Chome a popup for choosing SMS Card appears on smartphone and it gives me an error "Error sending SMS: Generic failure". This is happening for the last week or so.

My phone is a dual sim with a SIM card already choosen as default for SMS. Didn't change my SMS app, it's the same as always (Android/Google Messages).

Recent changes:
    Formated and installed same LineageOS version that was installed before formating
    Join has been updated a few times.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Where does this popup appear exactly? Can you maybe show me a screenshot? Thanks in advance!

3. Nuno J

Nuno J New Member

The popup is an Android popup and not a Join popup, I think.

Anyway, here is it
    [​IMG]

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hmm yeah, that's a system popup. Just to confirm, that appears every time you try to send an SMS? Did you try selecting your SIM inside the Join app itself?

5. Nuno J

Nuno J New Member

Yes, every time.

Can't find that option inside Join >> SMS and Phone Calls. Is it in other place?

6. Nuno J

Nuno J New Member

New version and now I have an option to choose SIM but when I click it gives me an FC.

Right now I have a dual SIM with only one SIM inserted.

7. Nuno J

Nuno J New Member

Just to update this thread.

I inserted a second SIM card and then it showed me an option to choose which SIM to use. None of the options was selected so I selected "Default". Then I removed SIM2 and sent SMS sucessfully from Chrome extension.

I will leave a few suggestions for your consideration:
    * The "Default" option could be always enabled (by default :) ) until we change it. I guess this way Join or Android would always use the only inserted SIM card, either it is on SIM1 or SIM2.
    or
    * In Dual SIM phones always show option to choose SIM Card but only show SIM1 or SIM2 as options if they have SIM cards. If we only have a card in SIM1 we only are able to choose SIM1, if only SIM2 exists it will be the only optio available. If both of them have cards, then both are available to be choosen.

Thanks for you help and for your hard work. Join is trully great.