Solved Delete option not available for previously added devices

Discussion in 'Join' started by R Patel, Sep 8, 2017.

1. R Patel

R Patel New Member

A couple months ago my wife shared her laptop and phone with me. It showed up in join and worked normally. She uninstalled join. Now I'm trying to remove those two devices from my join app but there's no option in the app to delete it.

On the android app I clicked the hamburger icon on top left, go to devices, clicked shared devices on bottom, clicked three dot menu but the only available options are Ring, Send files, and Join API.

On Join Web I clicked her device, clicked delete, confirmed, and I get error "Couldn't delete: Device is not yours to delete".

I tried uninstalling the extension from chrome, uninstalling the app from google chrome, and deleted the Join folder in Google Drive. After reinstall, my wifes two devices were still there.

Is there a way for me to remove these devices from showing up in my account or can I delete all app data to start from a clean slate?

Thank you!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The usual way to do it would be for her to remove the shares from her account :)
    Unfortunately there's no way to delete a share made to you, just a share made from you.
    Are you able to do it from her account? Thanks!

3. R Patel

R Patel New Member

Yes, I'll do that. Thank you!

4. kinghat

kinghat New Member

how does one delete a previously added device? not a shared device. i just upgraded to a new pixel from an N6 and dont need it anymore.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member