AutoVoice DeviceID from Google Home or Alexa

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by oggy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. oggy

oggy New Member

is there a chance to get an unique ID from which device i started to talk to AutoVoice?

i would like to start different task with the same command from different assistants.

for example:
    i have 2 Harmony hubs (Livingroom and Bedroom). With the same command -> "turn on television" -> the command from the alexa dot in the livingroom should start the tv in the livingroom and the same command from alexa in bedroom should start the tv in the bedroom.

Is there a chance to get a device ID?

Best regards,
    sebastian

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no way of differentiating between difference Alexas, but I could set a different source for Google Home and Alexa. Would that help?

3. oggy

oggy New Member

thanks for your reply :) ... That wouldn't help :) . in both rooms are google homes.
    for FHEM exists an alexa-addon with custom skill that can differentiate between different sources. i get different IDs for my 2 dots and my fire TV stick. i hoped autovoice can differentiate it too.
    for switching tv channels it is working fine without IDs (FHEM is selecting the active TV). to turn on the TV a device ID would be the easiest way to differentiate between rooms.

where can i close this thread?

thank you and best regards

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I'll check if there's a way to know where the command actually came from. thanks for the tip! :)