AutoVoice disable beeps (no use of continuous)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Matze, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Matze

Matze New Member

Hi I do have a problem with the autovoice plugin and I hope you can help me.
    I have a profile in Tasker to start autovoice recognize plugin after BT Button is pressed. So everything works fine, but I have a beep during my voice recognition. I don’t use continuous, I just want to have a 10 second window to recognize the speech. But during this 10 seconds I got 3 annoying beeps if I don’t say a word. Or the other behavior is that these beeps interrupt my voice recognition. In this case I have to repeat my voice command very quickly otherwise the autovoice recognize plugin output will be empty.
    Is there a solution for my problem?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. Matze

Matze New Member

do you mean this?

Profile: BT Button Pressed (13)
    Event: AutoVoice BT Pressed [ Configuration:No config necessary ]
    Enter: BT Headset Button pressed (START) (10)
    A1: Variable Clear [ Name:%Voice_Cmds Pattern Matching:Off Local Variables Only:Off ]
    A2: AutoVoice Recognize [ Configuration:Hide Dialog: true

Voice command without headset
    Timeout: 10
    Command: "all"
    Precision: 10 Timeout (Seconds):120 ]
    A3: Variable Set [ Name:%Voice_Cmds To:%avcomms() Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A4: Variable Set [ Name:%enter_character To:
    Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A5: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%Voice_Cmds Search:, Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:%enter_character ]
    A6: Flash [ Text:%Voice_Cmds Long:On ]
    A7: Variable Set [ Name:%Voice_Finished To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]

4. joaomgcd

Can you please try not hiding the dialog when recognizing voice and see if that fixes it? thanks!

5. Matze

Matze New Member

Ok, that’s much worse.
    If I don’t hide the dialog, I have a 2 second window to talk showing “AutoVoice listening” and after that, the dialog shows “Didn’t catch that. Try speaking again”. But I need to press the round microphone button to speak again.

That really bad for hands free control ;-)
    Do you have other ideas to fix my problem.

6. joaomgcd

It seems that something on your device is broken, regarding voice recognition, but unfortunately I can't fix it because that part is handled by Google. Do you maybe have an old or broken/disabled version of the Google app installed?

7. Matze

Matze New Member

Mhh, that’s bad.

What do you think is broken? There are no disabled google apps on my phone. The google app has version 7.13.28.21.arm64. All my apps are up to date. I'm running on Android 7.0 with a Huawei Mate 9.

Just to know we are speaking about the same. The Voice recognition is working, if I speak directly after one of the beeps. For me there are just these beeps annoying.

One examples:
    - starting voice recognition with a timeout of 30 seconds (only for the test as long)
    - I wait 20 seconds and then I start speaking

The result is that autovoice understands what I’m saying, but these 20 seconds before are:
    beep - [wait x seconds] - beep - [wait x seconds] - beep - beep - [wait x seconds] – beep - [wait x seconds] - start speaking .....

What is the normal behaviour for autovoice voice recognition? Is this the normal behaviour? Can I disable these multi beeps and having just one at the beginning?

The secondary problem happens when I start speaking directly (maybe some milliseconds) before a new beep. In this situation I have to repeat the command, but this might be resolved if it’s possible to disable these multi beeps.

8. joaomgcd

Oh I see. Did you try changing the "Stream to mute" in the main app under "AutoVoice Continuous"? Try to change the stream, then stop continuous listening then start again. Thanks!

9. Matze

Matze New Member

Hi,
    yes I already tried that, may be it isn't working because I don't use AutoVoice Continuous.
    I checked this behaviour on different phones and its always the same.
    Do you have other ideas to fix my problem?
    How are you using AutoVoice Recognize? It sounds like you don't have this behaviour. How are your AutoVoice and the necessary android settings configured? Can you show some screenshots please?

10. joaomgcd

Oh, sorry! I misread it and thought you were using continuous!
    In my case I can just add an AutoVoice Recognize action in Tasker, execute it and I can say my command with no issues. What happens if you do this on yours? Thanks!