Disable touch, relock screen?

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Thinkfire, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Thinkfire

Thinkfire New Member

Love Tasker!

The one issue I run into a lot and m surprised not to see anything on the forms.

I have a Galaxy S8+ now and it cannot run tasks without being unlocked. So I have to start the tasks with unlock screen and then lock at the end. Which is inconvenient when I'm actually using the phone.
    The other issue this presents, and is my main issue, I keep my phone in my pocket, when it unlocks to perform a task automatically, my pocket presses buttons and throws off the tasks and does random things until the task is finished and locks the phone again.

Ideally I would like for it to run tasks while still locked. However, disabling the screen while performing tasks would work too ass long as enabled when done without the chance if stopping and not endeavor like enabling presses again.

I'm surprised there is not built in functionality for this issue. I'm sure many folks keep phones in their pockets. What are the workarounds you are using?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. What you could do is enable gestures mode with AutoInput when performing the task and disabling it afterwards. Does that work for you? Thanks!

3. Tater1727

Tater1727 New Member

Does anyone have a pre made profile for this? I can't seem to get it to work. I want to lock touch when my daughter is watching youtube..

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you can use the AutoInput Modes to enable gesture mode which will disable normal touch actions :)

: tasker, Screen