Solved Double text notifications from Textra

Discussion in 'Join' started by Gaff, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Gaff

Gaff Member

Whenever a text message gets forwarded from my phone (using Textra) to my browser I've noticed I receive it twice. One has the Textra app icon and the other has the contact's photo as the icon. Both of the notifications are identical other than that.

(Edit) Never mind. I guess Textra doesn't need to be a forwarded app to still be able to receive text notifications on my desktop. Unchecking Textra solved the issue.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. Silman

Silman New Member

I also got this problem. It's a little annoying since i enjoy seeing the textra icon and would rather use that. But since SMS gets forwarded anyway its not really a big issue right now.

3. Silman

Silman New Member

Also it is sort of annoying since the Textra notification doesnt go away on my phone because i cant dismiss it from my computer without getting many notifications each text (2 from textra and 1 from the built in SMS relay)

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I'll try to think of a good way to dismiss textra notifications when you interact with the native Join SMS notification, thanks!

5. Nolan12

Nolan12 New Member

Hi, how was this solved ? I have exact the same problem, i just recent purchased Join.

Thanks

Nolan