AutoRemote EventGhost: Device Name not parsing variable on Send Notification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mprost, Apr 23, 2017.

1. mprost

mprost New Member

Hi.

I'm trying to send a notification from EventGhost to the sender like this:
    Code (XML):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <EventGhost Version="1722">
        <Action>
            AutoRemote.SendNotification(u'xxxx', u'bdq5', u'cr', u'sender {eg.event.payload.sender.name}, {eg.event.payload.arpar[1]} task {eg.event.payload.arpar[2]}', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'on', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'', u'{eg.event.payload.sender.name}')
        </Action>
    </EventGhost>

No matter which the originating device is, bdq5 is the one that receives the notification (it should be overriden by {eg.event.payload.sender.name}). In the text of the notification, though, the correct name appears (i.e. in u'sender {eg.event.payload.sender.name} the correct name of sender is received, although in the wrong device).

If I change {eg.event.payload.sender.name} in Device Name by the name of another device (bbb5), the notification arrives correctly to bbb5, so it seems that {eg.event.payload.sender.name} is not being parsed.

I've tried sending a message like this, and it works:
    Code (XML):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <EventGhost Version="1722">
        <Action>
            AutoRemote.SendMessage(u'bdq5', u'https://goo.gl/XXXXXX', u'xxxx', u'sender {eg.event.payload.sender.name}, {eg.event.payload.arpar[1]} task {eg.event.payload.arpar[2]}', u'', u'', u'', '', u'', u'{eg.event.payload.sender.name}')
        </Action>
    </EventGhost>

In this case, bdq5 gets correctly overrided with {eg.event.payload.sender.name} (the EventGhost log reflects this: Found device with manual name: bbb5. Using this one instead.).

Am I doing something wrong or this is a bug of the EventGhost plugin?

Thank you very much.
    Cheers,
    mprost

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

So, just to clarify, manual name in notification doesn't work, but the same setting in the message action works, is that correct?

3. mprost

mprost New Member

Hi.

Sorry for the late reply, must have missed the email notification of your response.

To clarify, in notification action:
    1. Device Name={eg.event.payload.sender.name} -> does not work, the device chosen in the combobox receives the notification.
    2. Device Name=SomeDevice -> works, SomeDevice receives the notification correctly, overriding the one chosen in the combobox.
    In message action:
    1. Device Name={eg.event.payload.sender.name} -> works, the sender receives the message, overriding the one chosen in the combobox.
    Thank you.

Last edited: May 4, 2017