AutoTools Find Custom Settings To Use in AutoTools Secure Settings

Learn how you can find your own custom settings on your own device

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Find Custom Settings To Use in AutoTools Secure Settings - Learn how you can find your own custom settings on your own device

Read more about this project...

NovaViper likes this.
  2. Javier Mato

Javier Mato New Member

Awesome...thank you!

3. bdiddy

bdiddy New Member

. took it a step a further away from the computers and compare setting arrays and only output ones that don't match

Task (570)
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%Settings_old To:%Settings Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A2: Run Shell [ Command:settings list system Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In:%settings_system Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
    A3: Run Shell [ Command:settings list global Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In:%settings_global Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
    A4: Run Shell [ Command:settings list secure Timeout (Seconds):0 Use Root:On Store Output In:%settings_secure Store Errors In: Store Result In: ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%Settings To:%settings_global
    %settings_secure
    %settings_system Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A7: Variable Split [ Name:%Settings Splitter: Delete Base:Off ]
    A8: Variable Join [ Name:%Settings Joiner:∵ Delete Parts:On ]
    A9: AutoTools Regex [ Configuration:Text: %Settings
    Regex: (?<sett>[^∵]+)\=(?<val>[^∵]+)
    Get Multiple Results: true Timeout (Seconds):60 ]
    A10: AutoTools Regex [ Configuration:Text: %Settings_old
    Regex: [^∵]+\=(?<oldval>[^∵]+)
    Get Multiple Results: true Timeout (Seconds):60 ]
    A11: Variable Clear [ Name:%CHANGED Pattern Matching:Off ]
    A12: For [ Variable:%index Items:1:%sett(#) ]
    A13: Variable Set [ Name:%CHANGED To:%sett(%index)=%val(%index) (was: %oldval(%index))
    Do Maths:Off Append:On ] If [ %val(%index) neq %oldval(%index) ]

Javier Mato likes this.
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, but that only works for rooted phones, right? :)

5. Javier Mato

Javier Mato New Member

That´s excellent, would you mind sharing the xml ?

6. Elizabeth Ellis

Elizabeth Ellis Member

I tried this, but it said no difference. I followed the directions exactly. Should I run cmd line like an admin? Also, my device is connected, but after I plugged it into my pc, it said:
    do you want to allow adb etc... I put yes. Good there.
    But then it said: it's just charging via usb...click on notification to change this...so I clicked on the notification and saw other options. Although I didn't click on them, the options were...

File Transfer
    Photo Transfer
    Software installation
    MIDI

what one do I chose? (I left it on charging, which has a description of "just charge this phone")
    BTW, I'm on a galaxy tab E. I didn't install fastboot since I had configured adb months ago and had that setup.

7. Elizabeth Ellis

Elizabeth Ellis Member

Many people on marshmellow are having a screen overlay detected problem that makes it so you have to disable screen overlays manually and then enable them manually after granting an app the necessary permissions to function. This takes up way to much time and without having screenoverlays my phone loses most of its functionality because of the apps I use.
    To solve this, I was trying to automate it so that I could have a tasker task that disables all overlays and then another task that enables all overlays. It would take like a year to do this with autoinput...not really, but it really would take probly a few days of doing it to do this for all my apps (188) on my tablet. It isn't lightning fast and takes 2 seconds to do most things even though I bought it yesterday brand new.
    With a bunch of research, I managed to find out a little bit about this...i was trying to find the task name. I don't know if this is it (but it doesn't look like it).
    Settings.canDrawOverlays()
    I found some websites that helped...almost
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39911377/settings-candrawoverlays-for-api-23
    this one has a code to launch screen overlay settings (but not changing them):
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...matically-on-android-6-0-an?noredirect=1&lq=1
    and I was wondering if there was a similar way to disable/enable screen overlays.

Thanks so much.
    elizabeth.

8. NateD

NateD New Member

Greetings! Thanks for such a great resource. When I type in "adb shell settings list system" like you say on the website, I get this response:
    usage: settings [--user NUM] get namespace key
    settings [--user NUM] put namespace key value
    settings [--user NUM] delete namespace key
    'namespace' is one of {system, secure, global}, case-insensitive
    If '--user NUM' is not given, the operations are performed on the owner user.

I'm running lollipop 5.1.1 on Samsung galaxy J1. Any ideas?

9. L.Drake

L.Drake Member

A small annotation for the commands to get the settings.

You can add > /sdcard/<file you want to drop it in> for each of the commands so you just need to pull the files from device ( a small batch is written quickly)