AutoInput Google voice search

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

When I call google voice search and say "read last sms" google then asks me if I want to hear the last message... then the conversation goes from there including possible reponses along the way.

I tried a while back to make this through autovoice using its own methods but came to the conclusion it just wasn't quite the same as going through google assistant.

So I then saw this post, of which I use autoinput a fair amount and have completed all this up until the write text part which I didn't know existed...

I thought yay, I can now trigger the whole task when a new sms comes in, it open google assistant, types the "read last sms" and bingo, google talks back to me asking if I want to hear the message...

But no, it just stays as text on the screen and doesn't have the lovely google lady asking me if I would like to hear it. Is there any way to make google think that I asked to read the last sms as though I said it through voice so she talks back through voice?

http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/send-a-command-to-google-assistant-from-tasker.297/

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately no, sorry. The only way to do that would be to have Tasker say that command out loud so the assistant can hear it. But in that case you can just say it yourself, right? :)

Pete_Repeat likes this.
  3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

Fair enough. Thanks for the feedback