AutoLocation how to get logging of WHY geofence events happen

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Derrick, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Derrick

Derrick New Member

It's my understanding being connected to a certain wifi ssid will 'overrule' less accurate things like cell location. I'm not losing or reconnecting to my wifi, but the geofence associated with it keeps getting lost.

How can I get it to log *why* it's changing, not that it simply is?

For the past few weeks, w/ no changes to correlate with, geofences constantly loses location and really makes it useless for me.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

One thing you could try is enabling the location monitor with the "No Power" option and the logging each location update. When you find that it has exited a geofence unexpectedly for you, check the logs and it should tell you where it thinks it is. Sorry for the trouble.

3. Derrick

Derrick New Member

I could not get it to happen with location monitor.

When it does occur, if I go into manage geofences it shows my location as being at the cell tower, which is about 50m outside my geofence of about 150m. If I increase my geofence to include the tower it doesn't seem to happen.

Does this sound like a wifi drop issue even though I haven't been able to correlate that? I was hoping to not have to include the tower within the geofence.

Thanks for your time!

4. joaomgcd

yep, unfortunately it seems like it is :( Sorry about that.

5. Derrick

Derrick New Member

Hi again-

This is still a constant, but inconsistent, problem for me. Could it be a license-check cache miss?

What conditions return "Lite from cache: false" ? Please describe.

I've cleared the app's cache, uninstalled the app and unlocker, reinstalled multiple times - same issues of losing location but no indications as to why.

6. joaomgcd

Lite from cache: false just means that the app is not the lite version :) That's no error.

: geofence, logs