AutoCast How to Stop casting?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Flyfour, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Flyfour

Flyfour New Member

Quick question, might be obvious, but how do you stop casting?
    I've used the Autocast > Autocast option, select the device, kept the current screen, and configured the notification - it duly appears and times out as directed.
    But the Chromecast screen then goes to black and my phone is still connected with "AutoCast Casting Screen... Casting Now" in the phone swipe-down.
    What is the Autocast command to stop casting so that it goes back to what it was doing before (in my case, the standard Chromecast photo slide show)?

Thanks,
    D.

null3rs likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Use the AutoCast App action to stop casting :) Hope this helps!

null3rs likes this.
  3. Flyfour

Flyfour New Member

Perfect, I knew it would be right under my nose - thanks!

4. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

For the life of me I can't get this to work for me. I'm casting a camera that's on my computer (Blue Iris) as it has a web server to my google home hub. I'm casting a mjpeg. Casting works fine, but stopping the feed has been a major challenge. I've tried the suggestion above but I suspect as its not being cast locally the feed doesn't stop. I've then tried to cast a silent MP3 at the end which stops the feed but then the google hub keeps a black screen that eventually becomes the Google hub home screen but then autocast can't cast to the google hub until it's rebooted.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I've tried many things. Maybe I'm just overlooking something.

5. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I have also tried casting a 10 second mp4 that is on the tablet with autocast after streaming the camera Web server (local machine) and the video casts fine but also has a black screen at the end (not returning to the google home hub home screen).

If I cast again during the video, or even when the black screen is shown, autocast recasts the feed fine. If I wait until the black screen goes to the Google home hub homescreen (this take quite a while so assume it's an error or time out or something that returns it to the hubs homescreen) then casting from autocast won't work again until a restart of the Google home hub.

6. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

In case this helps others I have found that casting the speak action in autocast with a space only so it makes no sound seems to try buffering for a few seconds then the Google hub gives up and returns to its home screen. I did use the connect and disconnect in autocast before/after but not sure that is needed.

Its not the most elegant but at least it seems to work so far.

7. joaomgcd

Thanks for the report. You're right. This broke for some reason, will have to fix it!

8. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

While I'm on no urgency to see the fix, any idea when this may happen?

9. joaomgcd

Sorry, not yet!

: autocast