AutoWear How to use AutoWear tags?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Avi Levi, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Avi Levi

Avi Levi New Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to create an AutoWear power saving project/profile.
    I want to change the watch's brightness based on the battery level.
    I thought of creating 5 AutoWear settings, one for each brightness level. Can I use the AutoWear <battery> tag to trigger a setting?
    When selecting "command to execute" and saying "no" to the predefined events I get a list of tags.
    What is the syntax for using these tags?
    Is it documented somewhere?

Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Those tags should be used inside commands and will be replaced inside them. So for example, if you send the command <battery> with the AutoWear App action in Tasker, on the next action you'll have the battery level inside the %awmessage variable.
    Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help after this.

3. Avi Levi

Avi Levi New Member

Ok.
    So if I understand correctly, I can only use those tags in order to update tasker variables and not independently in the watch itself, is that correct?
    What I am missing is why they are given as an option when I select "command to show" or "command to execute", if they can only be sent to tasker and cannot be used as events/triggers.
    If there is somewhere an example of how to use them in the "command to execute" field, this woukd really help.

Thanks for your help.
    Avi

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You're right, sorry, those shouldn't be available in the "command to execute" fields. It doesn't make much sense. You can still use them, but they'll just get replaced with their real values when being tested. No case that I can think of would make much use of them there though :)