AutoInput Issues clicking on search results in Plex app for Android

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by leroy_sunset, Jan 6, 2017.

1. leroy_sunset

leroy_sunset New Member

Hey João (or anyone else answering these questions)!

I am new to Tasker and the AutoApps, although I have known about Tasker for years. Currently, I am trying to squeeze more voice control functionality out of my Google Home, mostly to make my wife and son's lives easier. To that end, my son wants to be able to say "Hey Google, I want to watch Curious George" and have it start playing on the TV.

Here's the general plan (which is somewhat working). I have IFTTT take a Google Assistant command and make a variable out of "I want to watch $" and then pass that variable to Join via an HTTP GET. Join then takes that text variable, and passes it to Tasker (%jointext). Tasker launches the Plex app on my Android device, clicks on the search box, pastes in %jointext. That's as far as I have gotten to work.

The Plex app displays search results on the fly, meaning you don't even have to hit "enter" or anything. The top result is fine by me (I am going to have a playlist that matches these queries). I just want Tasker to click that top result. No matter what I do, I can't get it to register. I am using AutoInput to make this a little easier, and still nothing. Click, Long Click, Focus, nothing will work on that search result. XY, text, element, nothing seems to work. I built 2 second pauses into the task and it just will not work.

OK, so if I can get that to work somehow, I then want to Shuffle in the next screen, then cast to my Chromecast, which I am sure I can get to work based on other users' posts.

So, why can't I click on that search result? Screenie attached.

[​IMG]

2. leroy_sunset

leroy_sunset New Member

3. leroy_sunset

leroy_sunset New Member

nobody? moderator?

4. leroy_sunset

leroy_sunset New Member

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, for some reason the original post was stuck in moderation. That was a long time ago, sorry!
    Unfortunately some elements in apps just weren't made to be clicked with accessibility services, sorry. Nothing I can do about those cases. Do you have Android 7 by any chance? that would probably make that work.
    Thanks in advance!

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Having tried it myself now, maybe AutoInput is trying to click the text in the search box instead of the result. Try to click on the text with the name of your plex server itself and it should work :) It worked for me just now.