AutoCalendar Learning how to use this finally

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Bill DeWitt, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Bill DeWitt

Bill DeWitt New Member

I've had huge problems trying to use autocalendar. I am not a Tasker genius, and I only use autoapps when I can't do it another way. But I need my calendar entries on my tasker voice assistant. I had been intercepting the SMS alerts to do it, but Google Calendar stopped sending those. So I have to learn calendar.

1) I finally figured out that you have to do a calendar ID query, then use %accalendarid in an Event Query to get the individual subcalendars. Because I have classes, alarms, appointments etc. and I want different actions with different calendars.

2) I should have known this, but the list of events, etc are already in an array. I don't know why, but I kept trying to do variable split on them. Now I can just match %aceventtitle1 with %aceventfriendlytime1 and half my work is done.

I'm going to work on it some more tomorrow. If anyone is interested in this leave a comment, suggestion or question.

joaomgcd likes this.
  2. JImB

JImB New Member

How are things going with your use of AutoCalendar? I've run into the same issues getting started with AutoCalendar and some other Auto apps. It would be very helpful if Joao or an advanced user could put together a how to get started forum post.
    Two suggestions for you:
    1. Import some of the projects for that app and then read through the profiles and actions to get some ideas about using the app.
    2. Read the variables section of the user's guide. There are a number of shorthand notations that do things like return the number of values in an array(#<).
    Something for the future is to learn regular expressions. This opens up many new things that can be done with Variable Search and Replace and If statements.