AutoPebble Long press to activate task

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by anup, Jan 23, 2016.

1. anup

anup New Member

I would like to long press a button on the pebble time while I'm on the watchface screen to run a task in tasker. I tried following your tutorial video here but it might be outdated since the only option I see is the command filter.

1. How can I run a task from the watchface by long pressing?

2. Is there a list of command filters somewhere?

3. When I add an AutoPebble Action, there's a list of possible types I can choose (App, List, Notification, Query Other, Quick Screen, Text Screen). Some of these are obvious, but do you have an explanation somewhere of what these all do? Like what's the difference between quick and text screen?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You should be able to click the little (i) icon on the top left of every settings screen to get more details about them, right?
    About the commands, there's no predefined list of commands :) You can use whatever commands you want. More about it here: http://joaoapps.com/autoapps-command-system/

Hope this helps!

3. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

I was about to ask you the same... Or at least similar.
    What I was thinking about (and probably anup also) is to have a way that when starting AutoPebble from a shortcut to have it trigger a different command than when starting it from the menu.
    For example when starting the app from the menu, it should display a menu, but when starting it from one of the shortcuts (long press down button) start AutoVoice recognition.
    Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how the app was started. Sorry!

: pebble