AutoRemote "not valid qr code" and "error forwarding to eventghost"

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mccrabney, Sep 6, 2017.

1. mccrabney

mccrabney New Member

howdy. I have been using Autoremote since it was first released, but it has suddenly crapped out on me.
    when i started experiencing problems, i uninstalled autoremote Chrome and Android application to start fresh.
    issue - when i install chrome autoremote and scan the QR code, i get "not a valid autoremote qr code." this happens across multiple computers, multiple chrome instances, and multiple android devices.
    when i manually add the chrome autoremote url code in the application, it works and i am able to send messages. likewise, if i add my android device from chrome and register using the chrome browser, it works and i am able to send messages.
    however, when "forward to event ghost" is selected, i get an "error can't redirect message" message.
    autoremote is an essential part of my home security and automation so i'm significantly gimped right now - do you have any suggestion?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. What does it show if you go to chrome://gcm-internals/ in Chrome? Is the GCM status ok?

3. mccrabney

mccrabney New Member

sorry for the late reply. here's the contents of my GCM internals page.

Code (Text):

GCM Internals
    Refresh
    Stop Recording
    Clear All Logs
    Device Info

Android Id    0x4d2b50ff8f1c9540
    User Profile Service Created    true
    GCM Enabled    true
    GCM Client Created    true
    GCM Client State    READY
    Connection Client Created    true
    Connection State    CONNECTED
    Last Checkin    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 8:36:00 AM
    Next Checkin    Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 8:36:00 AM
    Registered App Ids    com.google.android.gms,com.google.chrome.invalidations,hglmpnnkhfjpnoheioijdpleijlmfcfb,pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm
    Send Message Queue Size    0
    Resend Message Queue Size    0
    Check-in Log

Time    Event    Details
    Connection Log

Time    Event    Details
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:59:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection succeeded  
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:59:35 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection initiated    mtalk.google.com
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:59:35 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection reset    NETWORK_CHANGE
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:58:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection backoff    Delayed for 92435 msec
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:58:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection failed    With network error -106
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:58:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    Connection initiated    mtalk.google.com
    Registration Log

Time    App Id    Source    Event    Details
    Receive Message Log

Time    App Id    From    Size (bytes)    Event    Details
    Tue Sep 12 2017 22:01:14 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    hglmpnnkhfjpnoheioijdpleijlmfcfb    147354672683    453    Data msg received  
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:59:44 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    com.google.chrome.invalidations    [EMAIL]ipc.invalidation@gmail.com[/EMAIL]    1450    Data msg received  
    Tue Sep 12 2017 21:59:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)    com.google.chrome.invalidations    [EMAIL]ipc.invalidation@gmail.com[/EMAIL]    399    Data msg received  
    Message Decryption Failure Log

Time    App Id    Details
    Send Message Log

Time    App Id    Receiver Id    Msg Id    Event    Details

4. joaomgcd

Ok, that seems to be Ok, so that shouldn't be the issue. Does it work correctly if you manually input the goo.gl url?

5. mccrabney

mccrabney New Member

yes, but any messages sent to the chrome instance fails to get redirected to Eventghost.

6. joaomgcd

But do they arrive in Chrome at least?

7. mccrabney

mccrabney New Member

8. joaomgcd

Do you get any error message? Did you maybe not set the port to redirect to? Is the AutoRemote eventghost plugin running? Can you access it in a browser for example?

9. mccrabney

mccrabney New Member

hmmm autoremote plugin was not installed, perhaps all of this spawned from permissions issues from my in-place update to windows10. this part of the problem is definitely user error, sorry about that.
    OK all seems to be good now except for the ongoing issue of "not a valid autoremote QR code" which isn't as big a deal because i can just do it manually.
    back in business. thank you!