AutoWear Notification example problem

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by LR20, Jan 8, 2018.

1. LR20

LR20 New Member

Hi, I just installed and setup Autowear. The examples are mostly running fine. Although the notification example and floating icon do not work properly ( I think). The notification example shows a notification on the watch with colored text and says swipe to left. If I swipe to the left, the watch simply closes the notification. If I swipe to the right (just to be sure) also closes the notification. If I tap on the notification, the notification expands and just shows the colored text and swipe to left text and also show 3 times the word autowear and some dots. Is this supposed to happen?

The floating icon example is invisible. The icon is there but just not visible.

I'm in running android wear 2.7 oreo.

Edit:
    Just figured out through the app that android wear 2.0 has no support for screen notifications. Sorry for my dumb question.....

However... Is there another way to get the same result with multiple screens? Or somehow recalling a screen conveniently?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Android Wear 2.0 dropped support for custom notification screens :( It was a great feature that allowed for really cool notifications but for some reason they removed it... Sorry, I should make the app detect this and skip that particular step in the tutorial...

3. LR20

LR20 New Member

Thabks for the fast reply! Maybe you could still use the notification, but without screens? It could still be usable.

Keep up the good work!!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, the notification itself is still usable, you're right :) thanks again!

5. LR20

LR20 New Member

I have one question regarding to screens in android wear. How do I prevent tasker from sending an already present screen to the watch. I have searched the forums but I have not found the solution.

Tasker reacts to an AutoWear command and sends the screen to the watch. But if the screen is already on the watch, I don't want tasker to send it.