AutoNotification Nougat and AN: no longer reads details

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Cole M., May 7, 2017.

1. Cole M.

Cole M. New Member

Hi,
    I have a profile that reads out aloud - using AutoNotification and the Tasker Say function - certain senders of Gmails, for instance (also SMS, etc). With LL and MM this worked just fine. Now with NN all I get is "1 new message".
    Tasker and AN have Notification Access and I do not know what else I could do. NN has broken so many things it's insane. No more automatic screen unlocking at home, reading notifications is snafu and so on. UInfortunately, with a new phone I have no option to go to MM as the phone came out with NN and there is no custom MM Rom (of course).

Anybody else have this problem? Can this be fixed? I'm sure it's related to some security aspects but I'm at a loss. Phone is rooted, btw. Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. Cole M.

Cole M. New Member

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I got the automatic screen unlocking to work but what's still not working properly - at least with Gmail - is the reading of the senders of emails via Gmail.I did add, at the top of the "reading"-task, an AN Query like you suggested. However, when I set a flash after that query part for testing purposes on an active notification for such a Gmail-email all I get is indeed "1 new message". I did block all notifications on my lockscreen. But at that point I'm not on a locked screen, obviously, so that shouldn't really have an impact. Intermittently it does work with SMS, so the AN query at the top of a task does seem to help. Alas, so far not with Gmail. Any more ideas? Thanks!