AutoVoice Nvidia Shield TV and AutoVoice

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Luis Mazoni, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Luis Mazoni

Luis Mazoni New Member

Hey guys, I'm trying to make some automation with android TV. But I can't seem to make AutoVoice recognize my voice commands.
    I was able to successfully install both tasker and AutoVoice and configure everything (AutoVoice permission in accessibility configuration) as I do on my phone (works on that case), when I execute the test command from within the AutoVoice the profile is triggered and the task is activated, although when I say the command to google now (on the controller) the command does not seem to be captured at all (I receive no toast notification of received command).

Things that I've tried so far:
    - Alternative mode, had no effect.
    - Continuous mode, had a strange effect. I started getting the notification of possible command but the task was not triggered and all the other Google Now commands stopped working.

I've tried all combination of these on/off and had no success. Can anyone please help me with it? I'm working on some home automation with Tasker and I was able to make all I wanted on the phone. I'm setting up the Android TV so that anyone can give commands to the house. Next I intend to set up my Android Wear to also be able to give the commands.

Thank you so much! I've been really enjoying AutoApps so far!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this in AutoVoice:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

3. jbuch84

jbuch84 New Member

I have just about the same issue as Luis. Alternative mode doesn't do anything and pressing the dedicated search button does not active a trigger word in Autovoice (hence there isn't a log to show anything). Continuous mode will make everything else stop working after a bit HOWEVER before the crash Autovoice will pick up a trigger word and in turn call a tasker profile to send an autoremote to ifttt. Also if I test a Task that has a Autovoice Recognize in it, Autovoice will pick up that trigger word.

It would seem that Android TV uses both a newer "search/say" utility that it uses for default searches (hitting the physical button) as well as still has the utility built in that Autovoice and most phones use. It's as if Autovoice doesn't know to expect a trigger word from the newer "search/say" utility. Another reason I think this may be the case is because when I first installed Autovoice on the Android TV and clicked "Google Now Intergration" that was in red there was a prompt that explained in some sense that the path didn't exist. Only after manually going into Accessibility and giving access to Autovoice did the "Google Now Intergration" turn green (although, it still doesn't work).

4. jk12

jk12 New Member

Any news on this? Would love autovoice with my ShieldTV...to trigger SmartThings for example (via SharpTools plugin)

5. Jan Dolejš

Jan Dolejš New Member

You have to deactivate Google App in Shield TV and install Google Now apk from phone. And it works! :)

6. Salah

Salah New Member

Which apk is that?
    I can only find Google now launcher apk which I believe is not suitable for the shield tv.

7. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hi João!
    Now that the Shield TV has Assistant running on, do you think it would be possible for AutoVoice to capture the Assistant's commands and act upon them? I think, especially with the home automation perspective, here is where AutoVoice will shine at its true brightness.
    Thank you!

8. joaomgcd

What happens if you say "Talk to AutoVoice" on it? :)

9. Ales

Ales New Member

Hi,
    Any news on this. If you say Talk to AutoVoice you get a response that AutoVoice is not connected to google. If you go to AutoVoice app and select the device -> say the command : then all works fine, only Assistant doesn't recognize command for AutoVoice.

10. joaomgcd

Can you say talk to AutoVoice on your phone and connect it to google there and then try again on your tv?

11. Ales

Ales New Member

Hi,
    thanks for the answer. I have connected AutoVoice on the phone. But still, doesn't work on Shield. On phone, all works fine. If I say talk to AutoVoice(on phone) I get notification possible command. It will be really great if this also works on Shield with tasker :).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. Ales

Ales New Member

Hi,
    it looks like after all I wasn't connected to google. Now this works on Shield and phone, but I need to always say Talk to AutoVoice, then I can say the command. It's strange before when I wasn't connected to google on phone worked without saying Ask the AutoVoice. Any suggestion?
    Thanks.

13. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Ales, could you please describe in details what you did? I cannot get my Assistant to do much. As a matter of fact it only recognizes "Auto voice" (instead of "AutoVoice") and provides me with YouTube results. :-(
    Thanks!