"Ok google, play some music" (Using my VLC media library)?

Discussion in 'Tasker Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by paradox, Nov 18, 2017.

1. paradox

paradox New Member

Simply want to be able to do this.
    I've got:
    AutoApps
    AutoInput
    AutoVoice
    Tasker
    All installed/bought.

I'm sure this is pretty simple and someone must have create a guide or setup profile for it?

Also I changed my "Ok google" voice command in AutoVoice to "Ok, computer" (Trek), but that just doesn't seem to work.

Yes I've made it the default assistant instead of google voice already etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Changing the “ok google” command doesn’t seem to work on any devices yet, sorry.

About opening media in VLC, did you try using the media search and play intent in AutoShare? https://joaoapps.com/autoshare/intents/

Unfortunately I’m not sure if VLC is compatible with it though, sorry

3. paradox

paradox New Member

I think the intent option is what i'm looking for, but the whole thing seems super complicated. (annoying that you can't change 'ok google' though, what's up with that? there's even an option in in one of the apps to change the command but like I say it doesn't seem to work.
    I'm sure this is annoying and has been asked a thousand times before but anyone got a rough guide/outline on how to do what I want?
    Would even be willin to paypal like 10bucks if someone could walk me through it personally.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What about it seems complicated specifically? :) It's really just
    • Import the Intent
    • Use it
    • Fill in its Input
    • Run action.
    Check out this video.
    About not being able to change "ok Google" is not my fault :) It's a hardware feature that some devices in the future may support. That's why it says "Experimental" in the option.

: vlc