AutoPebble Problems since Marshmallow update

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by flu13, Apr 11, 2016.

1. flu13

flu13 Member

Ever since updating my phone to Marshmallow (Galaxy S6), AutoPebble doesn't quite work right. I have it set up to display a menu when certain things are connected or when I launch the watch app, but it just won't anymore. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall anything to get it to work or something?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Are you still having this issue? Should work the same as before...

3. flu13

flu13 Member

I am. A few more details:

I have two profiles set up for when my bluetooth headphones or BT car kit connect to my phone. Both show an AutoPebble prompt to ask me which music app I want to launch. This only happens about 5% of the time, now. If I launch AutoPebble, it typically just dumps me back to my watchface (this behavior was normal even before Marshmallow).

The other thing that doesn't quite work right: I have Misfit on my Pebble. For some weird, weird reason, it launches itself every day around 10 AM. I set up a Tasker thing so that starting at 10:01, every two minutes for about 20 minutes (to account for the inconsistency of when it launches) it will try to use AutoPebble to kill Misfit on the Pebble. This doesn't seem to work, either.

Now, lots of things DO still work. If I run tasks directly, rather than being triggered by my profiles, AutoPebble has no problem controlling apps on the Pebble. It just seems to primarily struggle with that menu when I connect a BT device.

: pebble