Open Received single encrypted message from three note actions

Discussion in 'Join' started by Andreas Toth, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

I couldn't seem to find the standard actions in the Android apps as we seem to have in all the other apps (which highlights the need for one common and shared user interface across all apps). so I created my own action using the built-in note action. I then sent three separate notes to my main machine using this action. I received only one of these notes and it was encrypted!

P.S. Unfortunately I can only remember two of the notes I sent myself.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To use standard actions open the main devices list, then click the menu button on the device you want.

About the encryption, maybe you're using a different encryption key?

3. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

Oh, is that how it's done?! Doh! :) But this does highlight the need for user interfaces on the various devises to be the same, something I have already created a thread about. Having differences lead to confusion and questions like mine above, questions that could be avoided and allow time to be better spent.

About the encryption, I have no idea how I could be using a different encryption key. I don't even know where to set it. In fact, everything else works. But are you saying individual actions can be associated with different encryption keys? If so, I have no idea how I manage to change it without even knowing about it.

4. joaomgcd

Nope, sorry, encryption is set globally in the app's settings... If you do not remember setting it, then it's probably not set :p

5. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

That would explain it. :)

6. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

Nope, I had set it in the Android app, but I guess I haven't set it in any of the other endpoints and that's why I am having the issue I am having. :)

7. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

OK, so when you say it is a global setting, do you mean I only need to set it in the Android app and it is shared across all endpoints? I ask this because I can't seem to find any place to enter the password in the Windows 10 app, for example.

UPDATE: I found the encryption setting under the Chrome extension but I can't seem to find this setting under the Windows 10 app.

8. joaomgcd

Unfortunately the windows 10 doesn't support it. Sorry! check here.

9. Andreas Toth

Andreas Toth Member

Oh, that's not good. I hope you can find a different library to replace it with, one that is available across all platforms.