AutoInput Samsung Keyboard Cover for S8+ not recognised

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Ajay Malkani, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ajay Malkani

Ajay Malkani New Member

Im using the Keyboard cover by samsung for the s8+. it functions just as a physical keyboard but for some reason auto input does not recognise it. Is there any way to men it work as it actually types like a regular hardware keyboard?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. So if you enable key interception it doesn't show up in AutoInput's logs?

3. Ajay Malkani

Ajay Malkani New Member

Yup. Ive tried everything. Including going thru the root options. I thought it will be as simple as pressing a key just like on any other hardware keyboard but for some reason the auto input does not see it. The manual way is also not working. Very frustrating as typing with the keyboard is fine.

4. joaomgcd

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do :( Samsung probably implemented it using a special proprietary method that the accessibility service can't see. Wish I could help!

5. Ajay Malkani

Ajay Malkani New Member

Thanks for your help. I just looked at the logs and it says text: null view id: null
    Wonder how they have done it cos its not bluetooth and takes no battery either. A work around would be for me to open a text field and type a letter and thus make tasker perform an action like dial a number for example. Unfortunately i have no idea how to do that. Is the any way i can make auto input see a text box and text entered? Just thinking aloud.

6. joaomgcd

That's probably related to something else. The Keys would have to show up in their own key logs :(